Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

RDP Click Delay

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm a brand new user, however I'm noticing that RDP is unusable with a long click delay as opposed to the same settings directly in Microsoft RDP Client. This is on an Android Device (both Chromebook v60 beta and Android 7.12). Please advise, as this is a limiting factor in me using this software.

If you click a button and move the mouse, it will click where the mouse is 1 second later and not the exact location the mouse was when I clicked.

Thanks!

Ben

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I'm investigating your issue. I would like to know more about your setup :

Does your RDP connection use any custom settings outside of the host and credentials? If it does do you experience the same issues on a connection that doesn't use those settings?

Do you use a physical mouse? If not are you using the mouse pointer mode or the touch mode in the session? (You can change this by clicking the 4th icon from the left in the bottom bar)

Are there any specific gestures (i.e. double click, drag-and-drop) you are having trouble performing?

Are you on a VPN?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Benoit.

No custom settings at all. I've disabled Audio, chosen the Low-Speed Experience; even though there are 100+Mbs connections on each end with low latency. The control is that if I use any other RDP client it works fine.

This problem occurs with a all of the above physical mouse or touchpad. with touchscreen quite different, as the functionality of clicking and moving the mouse after a click is not a simple task. However I can replicate it with touchscreen by initiating a right click and then clicking somewhere else. the right click will occur on the delayed mouse location and not the original target.

This problem occurs in both Mouse pointer mode or touch mode.

I have no issues with any gestures, but if I click and then move the mouse the click occurs where the mouse ends up. So basically I have to click and wait without moving the mouse for each thing I do.

Not using a VPN.

Clock3 yrs

Thank you for the information, we will try to reproduce the issue and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Benjamin,

I have been able to reproduce the issue with a physical mouse and am actively working on a fix. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue with a trackpad or touchpad, but I believe the fix should correct the issue in all 3 modes.

The fix should be available in the next release, which should come out in a few weeks.

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs