Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Connection refused: The data source refuses connections from the windows RDM client!

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I played with database security settings and now can't connect via Windows RDM client nor via MacOS RDM client. Although I definitely didn't untick those options. Is there a way to revert the changes via SQL Management Studio or any other way? image

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

This error occured because you have disabled the Allow access from RDM option in Administration -> Data Source Settings -> Version Management.

Are you a RDM Administrator?

If yes, do you have access to the Administration -> Data Source Settings menu?

Let me know if you have access to that menu or not. If not, I can send you a SQL script to correct this issue.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jeff,

I'm experiencing the same error when logging with a regular user account or an administrator account. Would you be able to send me a SQL script to correct this issue on our server as well?

Thanks,
Dean

Clock2 yrs

@Dean,

I just sent you an email with all the details and the SQL query.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Dear Jeff,

i am experiencing this same error. Could you send me the SQL script as well?

Kind Regards,

Farid

Clock2 yrs

@Farid,

The script has been sent via email.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

@jeff

Hi Jeff

Another candidate for that script please smile.

Clock12 mths

Hello Brian,

The Script has been sent by email.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hello David,

Upon configuring I locked out all my users. Is it possible to obtain the script?

Many thanks!

Clock12 mths

Hello Jaap,

You discussed with one of my colleague in the chat and he gave you the script.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hello,

@everyone

The solution for this issue is provided on our Online Help. Please have a look here;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_sqlconnectionrefused.htm

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock8 mths

Hello,

old topic, but I was faced with this problem. After running this SQL script everything was fine until I reopen the Data Source Settings dialog.
When I open the dialog, I lose the database connection and go offline, but after rebooting RDM I can reconnect the database.
If I change settings in the data source settings, the connection will be refused and I will have to run the SQL script again.

Any suggestions?

best regards
Torsten

W10, RDM 13.9.14.0
SQL Server Express 2017

Clock30 days

@Torsten

I will send you an SQL script for diagnostics (via private message).

If you can please execute the script once the issue has occurred (can't login) and send me the result via private message.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock30 days

@Torsten

Prefect, exactly what I needed. I was not able to figure out what is going on via the code but looking at the output you gave me I should be able to reproduce the exact scenario. I will get back to you once I figure it out.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock27 days

@Stefane

have you found out anything out? Unfortunately it was the second problem. My first problem was, I can't see my passwords. So I tried to change the the database settings with the described behavior. Create the database new is the last choice for me. I would loose all my embedded documents or I has to change all to links before an export.

best regards
Torsten

W10, RDM 14.0.2.0
SQL Server Express 2017

Clock19 days

I have not been able to reproduce the issue. The output you sent me the other day clearly identifies the behavior you are experiencing. Yet I can't figure it out. I'm running out of ideas but haven't given up hope.

As for your original password issue. Are you an admin & can't see the passwords? What action are you performing to see your password (Copy Password, View Password)?

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock19 days

... yes that's right, I'm Admin and have no "Copy Password, or View Password".

Torsten
W10, RDM 14.0.4.0
SQL Server Express 2017

Clock14 days

Hi Torsten,

Could you please try v14.0.6.0 (https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta)

I'm hoping the fixes I did last week resolve your issue.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

Unfortunately not. I've created a new database and will change the kind of storing information. No more as an file, only links. I suspect that it was caused by a domain change. I use my domain account for the database.

regards
Torsten

Clock5 days