Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

tab freezes when closing another tab

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Installed 4.4.0.0 yesterday. When I have multiple tabs open, the other tabs freeze up when I close one of them if I click off the closing tab. Lets say I am connected to 2 different servers, server1 and server2. If I log out of server1 and click on server2's tab before server1 logs out and the tab close, the screen for server2 goes blank. If I stay on server1's tab until the logout process is completed and the tab closes, everything works fine.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I've received similar reports before, though it was for earlier version. We have yet to reproduce it on our end.

I've been able to make the tab containing the session logging off not close itself, but no success with gaining any blank screen.

Could you answer a couple of questions?

What are the values of the following options in your sessions: "RDP Engine" (Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) -> General -> RDP Engine), "Activate sandboxing" (Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) -> Advanced -> Sandboxing -> Activate sandboxing) and "Use OpenGL" (Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) -> Advanced -> Sandboxing -> Use OpenGL)?

What are the values of the corresponding options in your application preferences: "RDP Engine" (Session Type -> RDP -> General -> RDP Engine, "Activate sandboxing" (Session Type -> RDP -> General -> Activate sandboxing) and "Use OpenGL" (Session Type -> RDP -> General -> Use OpenGL)?

You could also export one of your session (Right Click -> Export -> Export Selection (.rdm)...), open the resulting file with your preferred text editor and remove any sensitive information and send it to me via private message.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

SESSIONS
RDP Engine: Default
Activate sandboxing: Default
Use OpenGL: Default

APPLICATION
RDP Engine: V4
Activate sandboxing: True
Use OpenGL: Checked

Clock2 yrs

PLUS...

It keeps locking up right after teh Credentials dialog box opens when trying to make a connection. I have to force quit and then reopen.

Clock2 yrs

For this, could you send me your application log (Help -> View Application Log -> Open).

Also, one thing I didn't ask. Are you on macOS Sierra (10.12)? If not, what is your version of macOS?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

It's infuriating. This last update has made the program that I use 9 hours a day basically unusable for me.

Clock2 yrs

MacOS: 10.12.6

Log sent in PM. NOt sure how much it will tell since i just reopened the application after force quitting it.

Clock2 yrs

I understand your frustration.

While we try to find your issue, you can always revert back to the previous version: https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Mac/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.4.3.0.0.dmg

I'm sorry for any inconveniences.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I don't mean to throw my frustrations off on you, but thank you for the download link.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I've ended up being able to reproduce the blank screen issue in RDM 4.4.0.0. While I don't seem able to find specifically what is causing the issue, the problem does not seem to occur in the version we're about to release. Could you try it and tell me if this resolve your issue? Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lm0ptlqq94ir3nn/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.4.4.1.0.dmg?dl=0

As for the issue of the application hanging at the Credentials prompt, I think this might have been related to some debug logging that should only have been made on development computers. I'm not sure thought, as I've had trouble reproducing it consistently. I've made sure those logs would not be made on a release build of the app. Could you also confirm if the issue is resolved in the version I'm sending you?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I still get the white/blank screen when a tab in the background closes out. Are there any settings i may need to change?

Clock2 yrs

Well, things that could affect the drawing are the RDP Engine (only switch between V4 and V5, the others are no longer officially supported), the OpenGL option (this might be your issue since it has been set to true as it's default only recently) and maybe the Codec level (under the advanced tab).

I'd try switching those settings to see if this help.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Switching to V5 fixed it, but the initial connection became slow. Once you clicked to open a session, it sat there to think about it for about 5 seconds on a blank "not connected" screen and then made the connection.

Changed back to V4 and unchecked the OpenGL box. This also fixed it but without the slowness on the initial connection as above. Will go with this setting for now to see if we have anymore issues.

Thanks

Clock2 yrs

It makes sense that the OpenGL box was the issue.

We'll investigate this and try to fix this.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Any idea when the 4.4.1.0 update will be released so my guys will know when to expect it?

Clock2 yrs

This is going through QA right about now. So, I'd expect it later this week.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs