how do I import from roboforms? I'm running roboforms 8.3 which is their new format so the PVM import for robofroms does not work. I can export roboforms to csv, but PVM only has csv import for "software serial" or "logins". Have tried the logins but it brings everything in with connection type of "Data (Login (Account))"

I have exported sample data so can see there is a column names connection type, so have added in this column to my import csv file but PVM csv import for logins does not use this column.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for request.

Could you please attach the sample file in this post so we can have a look at the fields?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

attached is xlsx with sample export from PVM, plus sample export from Roboforms.

The first column in the PVM is the "connection type" which has following types:

data(login(web))
data(login(account))

Data (Note/Secure Note, Login (Web))

Group/Folder

I want to be able to add this column to my robo export to specify which type of connection each record is imported as. At the moment they all come in as the data(login(account)) type

sample robo export.xlsx
Clock13 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the file.

I will do some tests and come back to you as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

Hello,

Thank you again for posting your request.

I was able to get most of what you would like to have inside RDM. I will attach the CSV file and you can adapt the column names with your own CSV from Roboforms.

The two things that currently not work during the import is creating entries based on the type specified and the Notes.

For the Notes however, you could replace the column MetaInformation\Notes with MetaInformation\Description. This will work but I don't know which one you prefer.

Also, to create a folder structure, you must use the backslash (\) character.

So for the 2 things that don't work, it is because there is an import option that is not available in PVM. We will add this to our to-do list but I cannot provide you a timeline on it's delivery.

Please let me know if you have issues with the import for the rest.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

sample robo export.csv
Clock13 mths

Hello,

By the way, you can use our Refactoring feature after the import to change the type;
https://helppvm.devolutions.net/refactoring_convert.htm

There is no visible difference between a Web entry and a Login account. Is there a specific reason why this needs to be changed?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

My notes come through ok using the "securenote" column heading.

One more question. The default display when data is imported is "embedded (tabbed) which is a PITA. Doesnt seem to be a column to set this attribute to "external" when importing?

Clock13 mths

Hello,

We offer the possibility to modify those using a Custom PowerShell Command.

Select all the entries that apply, right-click on one of them then go in Edit - Batch Edit - Batch Actions - Custom PowerShell Command

Using PowerShell, please run the following command;

$connection.DataEntry.ViewUrlDisplayMode = 0;
$RDM.Save();

The value 0 will set the display mode to External on selected entries.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

Well this is really confusing. I tested that scrip yesterday and it appeared to work and defiantly changed the attribute for the display, so I ran it on all my records, which took a LOOONG time. Its takes 10-15 sec to do 1 records and I have 300+

But now next day they have all reverted to embedded, and most of my logins and passwords have gone!

PMV has so much potential, but its just not delivering. the web interface just does not work as expected, I still dont know how to save a website from the browser. The search popup form is just dumb, it gets in the way so you close it, then the filter still applies. The search needs to be on the main screen so its instantaneous. TOO MANY CLICK S TO DO ANYTHING

I really want it to work, but dont know how much longer I can put up it not working as it should.

I'll dump the lot, and re-import everything from Roboforms again and try running the script again, but my patients is running out.

Clock13 mths

OK re-imported all 570 records so now back to start point.

nope...

$connection.DataEntry.ViewUrlDisplayMode = 0;
$RDM.Save();

does not change the "view URL Embedded" checkbox. does not seem to change anything, but its doing something as its slower to run hte script on one record than to manually change it

Clock13 mths

ok starting to work better now. This is becoming a bit of a blog now, on all the fine tuning to make it work better. Have found a setting under options to put the filter down on navigation pane which works much better.

Now if only you could configure it so the default action for double clicking on a record was to ....open the url rather than open the properties of the record, which is what I would have expected it should be for a password manager!

Clock13 mths