Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

User-defined VPN connection

• Create an Issue

Hello together,

in RMD it is possible to make user-definded setting. Such as username, password, domain.
It is possible to make user-definded VPN-Connections. I think it's a create feature. in our firm we don't use all the same VPN-Conntection.

Thanks
Alex

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

What type of data source are you using?

If you are using an Advanced Data Source as listed here;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/datasources_advanced.htm

It will be possible for you to use the feature we called User Specific Settings with our Private vault feature as well;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/edit_userspecificsettings.htm
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/view_navigation_privatevault.htm

Both features are User Specific in the database which means no one can know that you use a different setting on an entry.

Here's a preview of that feature;

For the VPN part, I will discuss this with our team.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you again for your request.

I have spoken with our engineers and what we could potentially do is add a setting that will retrieve a VPN entry that you have configured in your private vault to be used on the entry.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I’ve tested it with the user specific setting from your first post, but this only applies to the first/top level (data source level) and not to groups/folders? At least I didn’t found a way to overwrite VPN settings for a group (folder), as the VPN tab is not available/visible in the dialog for overwriting user-specific settings.

As datasource we are using MSSQL, RDM is the latest Enterprise version. I've administrativ privileges for database and so on. My OS is Windows 10 and I use the 64bit version of RDM.

Best regards
Alex Moucha

RDM.PNG
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Indeed the Group Folder doesn't have the VPN tab.

So you would like to have a VPN tab in the Group Folder entry as well as the ability to select a type of VPN in the User Specific Settings?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I have created a feature request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello Mark, Hello David,

thanks both of you! That's what I want: A VPN tab in the Group Folder settings dialog for user defined settings. A feature request for that sounds good.

Best regards,
Alex

Clock2 yrs