Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

RDM display corruption from other tabs when working with embedded RDP connections

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with RDM for Mac 4.3.0.0 with display corruption when working with more than one RDP session in embedded tabs. What I am experiencing is that I will be working with one tab and the display will appear to have switched but the focus is still on the tab I was on. The image that is displayed is merely the desktop of one of the other tabs. I can interact with the session but the image does not change for a few seconds. I can tell that I am interacting because my attempts to click on objects present in the image from one of the other tabs go unregistered with the tab the image originated from and the active tab that I was in all along will have evidence that it received my mouse clicks and such because window focus will be changed or context menus will be up on the screen from the right mouse button clicks I pressed.

I have tried multiple different settings: different RDP protocols, different compression levels, OpenGL on/off, etc and I haven't been able to affect any change in this matter. I am running MacOS Sierra 10.12.4. I'm guessing this is an issue with FreeRDP. Does Remote Desktop Manager support using external versions of FreeRDP?

I planned on recommending Remote Desktop Manager to my company which has a rather large Mac user base and a large number of Windows servers to manage. If this display issue persists, my users will not be interested in this product. upset

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

-Dan

Clock2 yrs

Hi Dan,

Sorry for any inconveniences.

May I ask what RDP engine you are using. To find this go into you session and look at this settings:

RDPEngine

If it is set to Default. The Preferences value is used. You can see it under the Session Type tab of the Preferences:

RDPEnginePreferences

If it is set to V5, could you set it to V4?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

RDPEngine.png
RDPEnginePreferences.png
Clock2 yrs

Xavier,

I was using V5 so I will try V4 and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

-Dan

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

This as also been fixed internally for the engine V5 and should be available in an upcoming version of RDM.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs