Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Bug Report

Sporadic CryptographicException on retrieving session key in DVLS 4.5

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, after upgrading to v4.5 we are getting sporadic errors mailed to us - logged as a 'Silent error' in the DVLS log so not visible to the users.
Error:
CryptographicException - The parameter is incorrect. at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr) at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.DecryptKey(SafeKeyHandle pKeyContext, Byte[] pbEncryptedKey, Int32 cbEncryptedKey, Boolean fOAEP, ObjectHandleOnStack ohRetDecryptedKey) at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.Decrypt(Byte[] rgb, Boolean fOAEP) at Devolutions.Server.ServerManager.RsaDecryptSessionKey(String safeSessionKey)
Source:
mscorlib
I noticed an error during the upgrade when trying to replace the 'encryption.config' file (error: file already exists), not sure if that is related. Any ideas how to fix?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Which version of Remote Desktop Manager is installed on the server where your DVLS instance is hosted?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

12.4 - I suppose I need to get this to 12.5+ then.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Yes please upgrade it to the latest beta version 12.5.12.0 of RDM.
You can download it here https://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download#Beta.

Then, you will have to regenerate the encryption keys for your DVLS instance.

Select your DVLS instance and open the Manage Encryption Keys dialog.

Select Regenerate in the Operation drop down list and then click on the OK button. That should fix the issue and you should not receive the error message again.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks, I've done this now. This is probably listed in some upgrade manual and should be moved to an RTFM-thread... smile

Clock3 yrs