Hi,
checking the Powershell cmdlets can use your examples (although case sensitive).
But if i want to get anything except Group or OS
Get-RDM-Property -ID "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}" -Property "Group"
Get-RDM-Property "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}" "MetaInformation" "OS"
i don't know where to find e.g. Keywords!
I would like to add Metadata from our central XSLX Repository (like i do for vCenter, SecretServer,...) into RDM but i don't know what the Properties/Metatada are exactly located.
A cmdlet List-RDM-Property would be nice or a documentation of the Data structure - how to Get/Set which field.

Thanks and Regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

List-RDM-Property is a great idea. I will add it to our to-do list.

In the meantime the best way to "find" the keywords is to use the xml file format.
You can read this blog post for more information. Here are the steps that will help you.

"Use the Set-RDM-Property cmdlet to set almost any value within the session object. To find properties and paths, reverse engineer the session XML file format. Create a sample session in RDM and export it using the right click menu Import/Export -> Export Session (.rdm).... Once exported, open the .rdm file with your favorite editor. Browse the XML structure to find the property path and name."
edited by stefane on 4/5/2013

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thank you, that's how i could find it :-)
The export only shows the filled in fields, so i have to fill in all (needed) fileds to get the path and fill it via script. But it works, now that i know how to get to the Data.

Regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Correct, I usually use the "A","B","C"... value technique as a simple way to link the UI field to the actual node in the XML.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the suggestion of list-rdmproperties was a very good one and something that seems to have been left out of the recent powershell overhaul. The online help "tip" to reverse engineer the properties just seems like work for the sake of work.

Is there any chance that this can be added to lower the complexity of finding applicable properties for each session type?

Clock2 yrs