Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Shared Sessions - Local Credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
We would like to use the Shared Session feature (SQL Server), but link the Shared Sessions to Local Credentials.
Is this possible?
Thanks and Regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Sorry I'm not sure to understand. Do you mean to use the Windows credentials? RDM can't extract the password from Windows to send it to the remote connection.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi

Since you are using an advanced data source, you can use the "Local User settings" to override the credentials and some other settings.

Please look at http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/user_specific_settings.htm

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hi

Since you are using an advanced data source, you can use the "Local User settings" to override the credentials and some other settings.

Please look at http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/user_specific_settings.htm

This looks like somethig we could use. Is this "local User settings" available as Batch Edit?

For explanation:
We each (in our Team) have an Administrative AD account we use for connection to Domain Servers and the login to SecretServer (SecretServer is used to access DMZ Server with only local accounts).
So all Servers and all shared Secrets are accessed via personal, user specific accounts. We don't want (or are alllowed) to save our personal accounts to a shared Database.

So in short: we want to use the shared sessions from SQL Server (to simplify Management for a few hundred servers), but link these (groups: Domain, DMZ,...) to local Datasource credentials (where we save 2 Credentials, one for the domain servers and one for login to SecretServer).

Regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

What you could do is configure the entries without any credentials or linked to an empty Credentials entry. Use the User Specific Setting for each user and link it to Password Vault Manager or KeePass running locally.

This means that each user will have his own local data source.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

What you could do is configure the entries without any credentials or linked to an empty Credentials entry. Use the User Specific Setting for each user and link it to Password Vault Manager or KeePass running locally.

This means that each user will have his own local data source.

Keepass would be usable but inconvenient (has to be installed locally on each client). We would prefer to just use the credentials from a local Datasource, since we want to have just one product.

Regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

You could use the Edit Local Specific Settings to override the empty credentials

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

You could use the Edit Local Specific Settings to override the empty credentials

Even here it would be better to link to a local saved credential, but i will try to tell my colleagues.

Clock6 yrs

With the local specific settings, you can link create an embedded link to anything including SecretServer

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

With the local specific settings, you can link create an embedded link to anything including SecretServer

Unfortunately only within a single data source. If this Data source is on the SQL Server (shared), every User can access MY Credentials (also to SecretServer).

You see, we are a team and have private credentials we are not allowed to share with anybody. So as soon as i save a credential (as credential) inside a shared data source everybody can access MY Credentials.

If we could use the integrated Windows Credentials to connection to SecretServer. We have our Environment configured to user Windows integrated credentials within the Webbrowser and Powershell scripts to access SecretServer).

So if i have a SHARED Credential featuring "SecretServer Using locally logged on windows account" it will be fine for us. <- because there is no username explicitly saved in the shared Datasource.

Clock6 yrs