Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Does RDM support Implicit Remoting?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Mod please transfer post/thread if needed.
Trying to utilize powershell with AD to automate session/creation...templating for our operations.
Does RDM support implicit remoting. From node with AD module can successfully implicitly import module from the RDM server but the commands all fail?
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff720181.aspx

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
That something we never tried. I'm not sure what we have to do to make it works. What error do you get?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Import-Module remRDM -prefix Rem
Get-RemRDMCurrentDataSource
Creating a new session for implicit remoting of "Get-RDMCurrentDataSource" command...
The term 'Get-RDMCurrentDataSource' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-RDMCurrentDataSource:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
+ PSComputerName : xxxxxxxx.yyyyyy.zzz

For additional context:
Most end users use RDM via their end user devices. Due to architecture / networking; do not have remote access to nodes w/ AD. Tried to implicitly remote from EUD to nodes w/ AD compenents installed.

Administrators have several management nodes with those components installed.
So tried to inverse it and implicitly remote to the RDM Server.
The import worked fine. Just running the commands fail to execute.
Trying automate server connections during (automated deployments) and cross reference existing connections...etc.
We have templates...etc but want to get it integrated more seamlessly.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I have the same issue with the method that you linked (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff720181.aspx)

I also tried with Import-Module -PSSession $session -Name $PathToRDMModule -Prefix RemRDM which fails to generate the proxies for the remote module.

We will need to analyze the issue to find out why the module is unable to work with proxy commands.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs