Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

Auto-hide navigation pane

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'd really like the feature to pin/unpin the navigation pane on Mac.
My Mac is a laptop and the feature would be much appreciated on that platform, since the screen estate is so precious.

Clock3 yrs

Hi Troels,

This is already on our TODO list. We'll increase the priority.

I'll get back to you when this is done.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Beautiful!

Clock3 yrs

Hi Troels,

This has been done and is available in the latest version of RDM Mac (4.4.0.0).

This does not work exactly like windows, though. To enable this, go in your application preferences, go under User Interface -> User Interface and check the Use overlapping navigation check box.

To show/hide the navigation pane, use the same title bar buttons as before. You can also add the newly added shortcut (⌘N). Be aware though, that the shortcut does not currently work if the focus is on an RDP session, or other similar embedded remote access sessions, since those steal keyboard input from RDM.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

This is a very nice feature.
I'm fairly happy with the way it works as it's not too big a deal to click the button to pull out the panel, although it would be even better with the same functionality as on Windows.

Thank you!

Clock3 yrs

Hi Troels,

I'll see about adding a more easily accessible way to show/hide the panel.

I'll also look into adding the option to pin/unpin the tab without having to go through the preferences window.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Troels Bjørnholt-Schou wrote:

Hi,

This is a very nice feature.
I'm fairly happy with the way it works as it's not too big a deal to click the button to pull out the panel, although it would be even better with the same functionality as on Windows.

Thank you!

Agreed.

Clock3 yrs