Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Batch edit folder security permissions from GUI

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

We'd like to request a new feature where we would be able to change a "Group/Folder" Security -> Permissions (not the security groups) in batch through the GUI.

Currently when we have multiple folders selected and we go to batch edit, changes made only applies to the first item of the selection.

thanks,

Bruno

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I think that this can be done via PowerShell.

Would you like us to verify if it's possible via Powershell? Do you have some PowerShell knowledge?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I just found that it's possible to do this via the UI. However, you would need RDM 12.5.6.0.

With this version, it will be possible for you to perform the Batch Edit for the Permissions.
This is available from the Edit -> Batch Edit -> Edit Sessions (General Settings).

If you want to perform those changes on folders, I suggest to retrieve the folders via the View -> Advanced Search -> Connection Type -> Group/Folder because if you select the folder in the navigation pane, this will batch edit the content of the folder, not the properties of the folder.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring with this.

We have been looking at making major permissions changes to our RDM folder/group structure and was desperate for a way of doing this en-mass. Thankfully stumbled upon this forum post and this has worked perfectly, thanks for the explanation and details on how to utilise the Advanced Search option in RDM.

Thanks again
Rich

Clock2 yrs