Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

12.5.6 64-bit: enterprise: Tab focus change freezes RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have a really annoying issue.

I usually have multiple RDP sessions open. I will be working on a RDP session, when the focus will abruptly change to another tab. When this focus change occurs, RDM is will freeze. Windows 10 Creator Edition is working...but RDM will not response to any mouse clicks.

I see CPU activity for remote desktop manager process. Now, I waited for over 5 mins to see if RDM would respond, but nothing. However, accidentally, I discovered that if go down to taskbar, right-click on the application, and select close, RDM will minimize. Then, I click on the application again, RDM will function normally.

I believe the focus changes were caused by a brief internet outage at given remote location, and the RDP sessions simply reconnected.

Any ideas?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Do you use a VPN ?

Can you make sure that the "Reconnect if connection is dropped" option is checked in Properties -> Experience.

Best regards,

Zacharia Ellaham

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Yes...I'm using a VPN connection to a corporate VPN concentrator. And the reconnect option is enabled under experience.

The connection drop did not occur with my connection to the concentrator, just the remote locations internet (VPN tunnels between corporate and remote locations).

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Do you experience the same issue with the 32-bit version of RDM ?

Best regards,

Zacharia Ellaham

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Could you try the Alt+Tab to bring back the focus to RDM when this happen?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Zacahria...I usually run the 64-bit, but will switch back to the 32-bit for grins.

David...next time I get stuck, I will test this.

Thanks.

Clock3 yrs