Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Macro/Script/Tools

Adding script/macro to session opens endless amount of same session tabs

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm adding a script/macro to a session (Events => After Connect), and when I open that session, Remote Desktop Manager opens enormous/endless count of identical sessions, and I have to kill it's process eventually.

Is it a bug, or I miss some setting?

P.S I'm new to this software.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

What does your macro look like?

thanks

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Tried 2 simple scripts:

• Echo | tmux a
    Yes '' | tmux a

P. S The idea is simply open/restore a previously opened-active tmux session after connect.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This doesnt cause any errors on our test environment, but we do not have tmux.

since your macro doesnt even include a keyword like {ENTER}, it justs type exactly the macro in the window and waits

What type of entry have your created? Maybe you could export it and send it to us by private messaging.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

wow, its a nice one wink

Its unrelated to the command itself, its the tie-in between the session and the macro. There is a bug in there.

Instead of a macro/script/tool, please try with the typing macro just under. With that feature, it will surely be necessary to set a "initial wait". We usually start at 5 and adapt depending on the typical scenario.

We will have an engineer look at the issue as soon as possible.

Sorry about that.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

you just need to add special key codes as documented in the help button that is to the right hand side.

To press enter, simply add

{ENTER}
to your macro

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Maurice Cote wrote:

you just need to add special key codes as documented in the help button that is to the right hand side.

To press enter, simply add

{ENTER}
to your macro

Thanks, will remember for next time!

Clock3 yrs