Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

{ENTER} does not work

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

[Windows 10, RDM 3.5.4]

{ENTER} does not work in "After Login Commands" in a "SSH Shell" session - neither implicit ("Automatic {ENTER} after command") nor explicit. The command is typed, a new line occurs but the command is not executed (see screenshot "ssh - internal"). A manual keyboard enter executes the command.

It DOES work in a "PuTTY" session (see screenshot "ssh -external")

Regards, Thorsten

ssh - internal.png
ssh -external.png
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We aren't able to reproduce it in our environment but I suspect it might have to do with the type of terminal you are using. We'll investigate on our end and give you news as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I had a discussion with Denis who's in charge of our terminal. He wasn't sure what could cause this behavior, but he would like you to try something:
1. Copy a command with an "enter" from notepad, so something like ls then a new line
2. Try to paste it in PuTTY. It should successfully paste the command and put an "enter" at the end, executing it.
3. Try the same thing in the SSH terminal in RDM.

What is the result?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Result: everything is passed into the session - except the {ENTER}. It does work on my work computer though.

My other problem (https://forum.devolutions.net/topic27854-cannot-enter-custom-command-line-parameter.aspx) makes me think that this might be a problem in my "environment" - maybe some component that is not installed?

Clock3 yrs

What differences are there between your home and work computers? Do they have the same OS language and the same keyboard input modes?

What seems to be happening is that when we send a "\r" (the carriage return character) which is the same character sent by the enter key, the terminal interprets it as a "\n" (the new line character). Denis is going to investigate this issue but it might take a little while. If he has any questions he will be sure to ask you.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I narrowed it down: the problem starts with version 3.0.6.0 - 3.0.5.0 still works.

Clock3 yrs

One more observation: the issue only occurs when Z Shell is used as a shell ("chsh -s $(which zsh)"). You can also reproduce it without changing the login shell by using "zsh" as "command 1" (which is executed) and "ls" as "command 2" (which is typed in but not executed).

Again: the issue is not present with RDM up to version 3.0.5.0.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for the details. Hubert is currently on vacation but he will look into it when he gets back.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We're currently investigating and we might have an idea of what causes the problem. We'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

We've found a fix for the issue, it will be available in the next version of RDM. With the fix, we aren't able to reproduce the issue with zsh. Thank you for your help diagnosing the problem.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs