Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Search Field in Navigation Pane

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Is it possible to add/move the Search box to the navigation pane? At the moment the search box and the navigation pane are separate panels and have no relationship, even though starting a search auto-filters the contents of the navigation pane. It would make sense to have the search box located beneath the data source drop-down so that there's a relationship between the two.

Also, having the search box embedded in the 'status bar' means that a small chunk of horizontal screen real estate is taken up by 'XX entries', the version number and a bunch of whitespace, which is not useful information if all I need is search.

Cheers,

Reuben

Clock2 yrs

Hi Reuben,

regarding the search box - did you mean it like this way?

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hi Min,

Yep, that's the exact idea.

Cheers,

Reuben

Clock2 yrs

Perfect, then you can adjust it in 10 sec smile

File --> Options --> User Interface --> Data source location (in the screenshot it was set to Navigation pane (top))
File --> Options --> User Interface --> Filter --> Location (in the screenshot it was set to Navigation pane (top))

Then your UI should look like mine wink

and for the second (entries count and version number) you can hide it this way:
File --> Options --> User Interface --> Status Bar--> Hide entry count label & Hide version label

Please note that you have to restart RDM to apply the changes!
Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Amazing! Thank you.

To the developers: It would be great if this could be (a) more discoverable (right-click Navigation pane > Show Search) and (b) matched to the dark theme better.

Clock2 yrs

Hello Reuben,
Could you post a print screen of what you mean about the dark theme?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

You can see in Mins' screenshot above that the search field's formatting/colouring doesn't match the data source drop down above it. The background colours are a lighter shade as are the buttons.

Cheers,

Reuben

Clock2 yrs

Ok,
I see what you mean. I will ask the guy to look at it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

The Dark theme should be applied to the filter bar properly. This will be available in the next patch.

Regards

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs