Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Ability to Link to Different Repositories

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I work for a large multi-national company with delegated IT Staff at a Regional level. I'm torn between building out 1 DB and delegated permissions by Region or giving each other their own repository. There is a global group that's settings should be available to everyone in individual regions, but each region doesn't really need to see each other's information.

I think repositories is the right way to go from a scalability standpoint. It would be nice to have an 'Entry Type' that is a Link to another Source + Repository that when clicked would open that up. The entry should contain enough information that RDM could open up the Source without it having to be installed as a source in the RDM.

In my scenario, I'd log into the Global Source/Repo and there's be an Entry that says 'Europe' that when clicked, opens up the European Repository with its credentials. In the European Repo, I'd create a link/entry back to the global repository.

This may be seen as a duplication of an existing feature, but I think this approach provides a better user experience because it's just another entry, the information is already embedded and reduced the need to distribute connection profiles.

Clock2 yrs

Hello Christopher,
I think it could be possible to do that with a DVLS. I will add a feature request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

Any update/ETA to this feature request? Is it on the planned roadmap?

Clock10 mths

In RDM 13.1, you will see that the repository list is now available in the UI. This means that you will be able to easily switch from one repository to another and you won't need to create a data source configuration for each repository. This is the first step before creating the shortcut you asked.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths