Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Powershell: load the configuration file from a custom destination?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm trying to run a PowerShell Script on the Devolutions Server with a Service user in the Windows Task Scheduler
The Service User has no User profile.
The PowerShell cannot load the configuration file and we get the following warning:
"WARNING: The PowerShell CmdLet feature is only available in the Enterprise Edition!”
How we can load the configuration file from a custom destination?

Clock3 yrs

I think this related to a similar problem I have been posting about..

The behavior is that there appears to be some sort of licensing information that has to be stored in the profile for RDM/DVLS to recognized the fact that the product is licensed in order to be enabled. In my case, my regular account can import the module just fine, but using a RunAs powershell session for my Domain Admin account won't let me import the module.. I get that same error you are showing..

I'm hoping for an answer soon :-)

David F.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

You are right David. Actually, it is not supported to load the PowerShell module without user configuration and licensing information. And it is not supported to open a configuration file from a custom destination.

A ticket has been submitted to our engineering department.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

There is a solution to be able to load the RDM PowerShell module and use the RDM CmdLets.

Please follow the instructions in the Procedure section of this online help page.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?installation_terminalservices.htm

Does this help to resolve the issue?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Erica,
Thank you for your fast response and for the instruction link
Yes, with this help we were able to solve the problem.
Kind regards, Dominik Saul

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
In the next RDM beta, you will be able to save the serial in the registry.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs