Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDP Disconnect messages

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all,

When you have a few RDP sessions opened up and run away from your laptop it could happen that you connection to the sessions will get lost because of internet problems or VPN timing out.
If that happens then RDM (microsoft ActiveX) will try to reconnect 20 times. That's all just fine, but when you are not around and cannot reconnect the VPN or the internet connection stays away a little longer then RDM will throw the message "Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer....".
It will do this for every individual RDP session that was running. So in some cases you'll find yourself clinking away 20 of those messages.
See: https://www.screencast.com/t/Mp32GXGPkBsX

I would like RDM to catch those timeout messages (not only RDP, but maybe also other sessions like SSH) and just only show one message that says it faced timeouts or connectivity issues and that some sessions have been disconnected. You could even show all sessions that were disconnected.

One more thing... When RDM faced connectivity issues it'll show the message that it wants to go offline because of it.
See: https://www.screencast.com/t/gnMLmc0T
Why not eliminate that message (or make it a setting to ignore this) and just only use the little offline icon in the bottom right?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
For the first issue you can deactivate those error message in File->Options On the other hand, it's a more complicated to show just one message.

RDPMessage

For the other issue, you would like to go automatically Offline when we get this message?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

RDPMessage.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

Thanks! I will try this option and see if it helps.

Regarding the offline question, yes, automatic offline without a message if disconnect happens would be better.
The icon should tell you whether you are in online or offline.

Currently with version 12.5 there seems to be an odd behavior with offline mode. If I am in offline mode and want to connect to any session RDM forces me to go into online mode. But I am working on this with support already.
I will update when this is fixed.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

I noticed that version 12.5.5 beta was released. This one solved the offline mode issue!

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs