Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

It was like opening a box of coffee flavour chocolates at Christmas

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I installed the latest release and excitedly opened the application.
I clicked a group entry in my navigation pane and waited for all sub folders to automatically expand..... but they didn't
'Ah I thought, it will be an options that needs enabling'.
Quick scan through options and interface but no, nothing.
Gutted

We have a group folder for each client, then subfolders for each site of that client, then subfolders for physicals, virtuals, devices.

I suggested many months back that it would be great (and save many mouse clicks) that when I click a Client, all the subfolders autoexpand.

Maybe next time?

Clock2 yrs

Hello Paul,
This was not included in this release but I will do my best to increase the priority of this feature request. This will be an option for sure.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks David

Clock2 yrs

Hello Paul,

I have been assigned to work on this feature and have taken a look at your previous post as well.

I was wondering when you say "On selecting a group, all child folders expand" , do you mean every child that is directly inside the selected group or do you want all the child folders of the child folders of the child folders and so on to open as well ?

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

This feature has been added internally and should be available in the next minor release of RDM.

To activate this feature, go in File -> Options -> User Interface -> TreeView and then check "Expand group and children on left click"

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Every child and grandchild

Clock2 yrs

Hi Michael
The feature has been implemented which is great however I thought it was going to expand ALL subfolders of the folder you select.
It also only work on the group name, not when you click the expansion +

Thank you

Clock2 yrs

Hello Paul,

This feature was finished prior to the grandchild specification, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'll change it to what you have requested as soon as possible.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

The changes have been made internally and should be available in the next minor release of RDM.

The option will now expand all sub folders when a left click is done on a group.

It is intended for this feature not to work on the expansion button as it would cause some issues.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

excellent, all subfolders.

This will save me many many mouse clicks

thank you so much

Clock2 yrs

Side effects

This evening I was connecting to some of our RDP connections that have sub-connections and I discovered a side effect of this feature.
When double clicking an RDP connection to connect, it expands then collapses the sub-connection tree of the RDP connection.

I confirmed this by disabling the feature and testing again.

I hadn't thought about sub-connections as we have only recently begun to move things like teamviewer and ilo from their own group folders into sub-connections of the associated RDP.

Initially I only considered Groups in my request for the tree to automatically expand.

Can it be changed to a separate option
Expand group and children on left click
Expand sub-connections on left click

but not work on double click or just work on groups not RDP connections.

What are your thoughts?

Clock2 yrs

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reporting the side effect. I have fixed the expand option by removing the possibility to expand sub-connections with it.

From the way you were talking it seemed like you wouldn't need the option to expand sub-connections so I didn't implement it into RDM. If I was wrong please do let me know and I'll see if it can be done as a separate option.

The changes should be available in the next minor release of RDM.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs