Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Resizing not working on Mac

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I cannot get the working area resizing to work at all. I have tried default and working area, I just end up with the same issue - scroll bars. it isn't just scrolling a bit as if it couldn't work out the chrome parts of the UI, it is hugely out.

I am running on a Retina MacBook Pro connected to a 4K monitor. Seems to happen regardless of whether I am connected to the monitor or not.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 14.41.32.png
Clock3 yrs

Okay quick followup to this. I just found on another thread where you linked to a 4.2.1.14 version in Dropbox, I tried that and it works fine.

So something wrong with latest 4.3 public version.

Clock3 yrs

Indeed, I'm reproducing this.

The Default Remote desktop size, which should give it the current available space when the session connect doesn't seem to be applied correctly. I'll look into this and come back to you.

In the mean time, setting the Screen sizing mode option to Smart reconnect will trigger the resize after the first connect, setting the display to the right size.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

That workaround is not working for me. Smart reconnect does nothing in either Default or Current work area mode for me. No reconnection occurs. manually reconnecting does not fix things either. I am stuck with scroll bars.

Clock3 yrs

That, I am not able to reproduce.

Could you double check the setting successfully saved? It happened to me where settings would not save correctly (investigating this).

If it is saved and still does not reconnect, could you export your session and send it to me (via private message) after removing any sensitive information (e.g, credentials) from the file?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

The issue with the Default Remote desktop size mode not using the tab view area has been fixed. It'll be available in the next release.

As for the smart reconnect, I'm still not able to reproduce it. I've imported your settings and filled the host and credentials with one of our RDP host, and the smart reconnect does get triggered. Does it work in the previous version you've downloaded?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs