Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Select a specific subconnection as default action on a host session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

In a host session, you can select wether you want to choose a subconnection to launch or a template. I would also like to see the option to specifically select a subconnection as default action.

For example a web session would be the primary connection to a device and a ssh session for diagnostic purposes. Right now I have select a subconnection every time I doubleclick on the host session.

It would save a click and some frustration of having to select a subconnection every time if I could set the web session as default action.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I will assign this to our team to verify if it's easy to add. I think it is by the way.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thx!

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

We've added the option to choose which sub-connection to connect to. This change should be available in the next patch.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thx! smile

Clock2 yrs

Is this setting by any chance also configurable using powershell?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

This should be configurable with PowerShell.

I will let you know which properties it is possible to configure when the new release will be available.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

The option to select a specific sub-connection as the default action is now available in RDM 12.5.5.0.

To set this with PowerShell, the property SubConnectionToLaunch must be set with the session ID of the sub-connection.
Here is a short example.

$session = Get-RDMSession -Name "TestSub"
$session.HostDetails.SubConnectionToLaunch = "10b22561-0e95-4da3-a449-8c6362b4c5e0"
Set-RDMSession $session -Refresh

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs