Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

How to add subconnections to a session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm looking for a way to either create a new subconnection or make an existing session a subconnection with powershell. I have seen a few examples for older RDM versions but it seems the powershell commands/properties/methods have changed from the previous version, so these do not work with 12.0.8.0.

The Childeren property mentioned in a post on this forum does not exist. The Invoke-RDMParentSession in the documentation is not available. I can see a subconnections property in existing sessions, however this is read-only.

Can anyone give an example how to work with subconnections with RDM 12.0.8.0?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Could you please try the latest beta version of RDM (12.4.12.0)? You can download it here https://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download#Beta.

The Invoke-RDMParentSession CmdLet has been implemented after version 12.0.8.0.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I will try the beta.
Any idea when the new production version will be released?

Clock3 yrs

Ow... I might not be able to use the beta. I see that the current beta requires a database upgrade. Will this effect current 12.0.8.0 installations?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

If everything goes as expected, the new version should be released next week.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Invoke-RDMParentSession is now available and working.

Clock3 yrs

Or maybe not...??? It worked but somehow not anymore...or maybe I do something wrong?

I have a simple script to add a telnet session to each host entry in a folder:

Get-RDMSession -GroupName 'Folder1\Folder2\Folder3' |
Where-Object {$_.ConnectionType -eq 'Host'} |
ForEach-Object {
New-RDMSession -Name 'TempSession' -Type Telnet -SetSession |
Invoke-RDMParentSession -ParentSession $_
}

It will create the new session, but it will not connect it to the parent session. Using Refactor/Parent in the menu does work.
I also tried it on a single entry manually, but invoke-RDMParentSession just won't work upset

Clock3 yrs