Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Cannot create new entry in Private Vault

I'm using Password Vault Manager 8.1.0.0 with an Azure SQL database. I am unable to create any entries in Private Vault. Any ideas on why that might be?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

This issue may occured when you are connected with the same account that you have used to create the database.

If you create an PVM administrator account and use this account to connect to the database via the File -> Data Sources menu, the private vault should work as expected.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, October 8th, 2018.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Jeff,

Hi, I have done this and I am still unable to create an entry in the Private Vault. I also created a dedicated user account to test this for the SQL server and it still doesn't work either. Could you please offer some more input?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Could you post a print screen of your Administration -> Users menu as well as your File -> My Data Source Information report please.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, October 8th, 2018.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I've attached the requested screen shots

Users Menu.png
My_Data_Source_Report.png
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Our Quality Assurance department has been able to reproduce your issue.

A ticket has been opened to our engineering department to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi, Can I get a follow up on this? I have users who still can't use private vault.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Taishi,

I see that the issue is fixed in the version of 8.5.4.0 of password vault manager.

Could you give it a try and see if you can create an entry in your private vault?

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I am still unable to create an entry. Could you please let me know what the requirements are on the backend to use this feature??

Currently I am using an SQL database on Azure to store all the data. All application users have their own log in however from the application there is 1 username connecting it to the database for implementations.

Clock2 yrs

Hi again,

The private vault is usually accessible by anyone who's a user of the datasource, unless you disabled the private vault from
Administration >Data Source Settings > general tabs.
Disable Private vault

But I doubt that is the case here if you actually tried to create an entry.

Are you getting any specific error when you are trying to create the entry?
(If so could you share a screenshot?)

Also when you edit your datasource and you go in the private vault tab, which type of private vault are you using ?
Datasource Private vault

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Disable Private vault.jpg
Datasource Private vault.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Are you available for remote assistance?

Please send an email to support@devolutions.net for additional information.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

Hi, yes I'm just now able to get to this. Yes I would like to give an opportunity for remote assistance. What time would you guys be able to do this?

I've also checked the settings above and here are the results.

1.) The private vault is usually accessible by anyone who's a user of the datasource, unless you disabled the private vault from
Administration >Data Source Settings > general tabs.

Private Vault setting is not disabled in data source settings.

2.) Are you getting any specific error when you are trying to create the entry?
(If so could you share a screenshot?)

I am not getting any errors. The entry just doesn't get created.

3.) Also when you edit your datasource and you go in the private vault tab, which type of private vault are you using ?

I am using default.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

Sorry Marc is in vacation this week.

Could you possibly verify if the username in RDM and the username in the database match.

I see that in the two screenshots you provided that the user names doesn't match.

If it does, Marc will get in touch with you soon.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

no they don't match. This is what I have now

2017-07-28_1409_user_admin.png
my_DB_INFO.png
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

As per your second print screen, you are connected with a user named pvmmanageradmin.

This user is not present in your first print screen which is a print screen of your Administration -> Users menu.

Could you create the pvmmanageradmin user in the Administration -> Users menu and then retry the Private Vault.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs