Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Support for two factor authentication (2FA) in integration with Pleasant Password Server

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am using Pleasant Password Server and have enabled 2FA/OTP for my login - however, when I then use RDM to connect to the Pleasant API, it returns an error as below:

("A two-factor one-time password is required" in case you can't see the image)

Since you already seem to be correctly reading the header response, as far as I can tell from their API documentation, would it be too much to implement this feature so that it could be used securely with the password source?

Long time fan of RDM, and Pleasant has been really great since we started using it, but I would really like to put them together!

Cheers,

Neil

Clock2 yrs

Hello Neil,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be taking a look at this. If the API allows us to integrate the two factor it shouldn't be too difficult to add. smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello
Have you any news on this?
On this URL, they show the process of 2FA with an API.
https://info.pleasantsolutions.com/Documentation/Pleasant_Password_Server/M._Programmatic_Access/J._Password_Server_REST_API_Documentation/OAuth_Two-Factor_Support

We try at the moment the enterprise edition. This was the only option that don't work.
Thank you

Regards
Gustav

Clock12 mths

Hello,

The feature is not yet integrated in Remote Desktop Manager but it is still on our todo list. Unfortunately I cannot provide you with an estimate on when this will be available. Since we just released RDM 13 recently, we're focusing on fixing issues rather than adding new features. We're hoping to be able to work on this soon.
And thank you for the link, it will be useful for when we integrate the feature! smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hello,

We have the same problem.
We have 10 Enterprise License of the Remote Desktop Manager.
On your site:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?credentials_pleasantpasswordserver.htm
you confirm, that Pleasant Password Server is supported.

But now, it don't work with 2FA.
Can you please fix the problem? I don't think it is a feature. For us, it is a bug, that this is not working.

Thank you very much.

Regards
Heinz

Clock12 mths

Bug or feature for us it's the same. We have to implement it in RDM. It's on our todo list for sure. I will change the priority.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hello,

I wanted to let you know we're in the process of setting up a server internally so we can work on the feature.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Devolutions Staff

Just like OP, our company is awaiting the implementation of said feature. Do you have any update on the timeline of its implementation? I'd appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Ben

Clock6 mths

Hello,

This is still in our todo list. We've been busy fixing bugs for the release of RDM 13.6 so bigger features like these have been pushed back a little.

We'll bump up the priority, we're hoping we can start working on this soon. We have to change how the Pleasant Password integration works so it's not as simple as changing the login procedure.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Good news, this should be available in RDM 13.6.0.0 which released today. Could you try it and give us some feedback?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

The 2-FA for Pleasent Password Server works perfectly fine (13.6.6.0), thank you

Regards,

Michael

Clock4 mths

Hi all,

I have also configured Pleasant to request 2FA. It works well with KeePass for Pleasant, which is asking for new code after a defined time of x hours.

With RDM, it asks me for Authenticator Code each time I open a new Server Connection. I assume this is because RDM is connecting to Pleasant Server and closes the connection right afterwards. I would welcome if it would open the Connection on first Server and closes when Closing RDM, like KeePass for Pleasnt does.

Do you expires same behaviour or is it a configuration thing?
For us this kills the acceptance of 2FA. Because we are using RDManager daily to connect to multiple Servers, which we are maintaining.

Regards,
Kaya

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I think it should be possible to change this behavior, we'll take a look and see what we can do.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I'd like to throw a 'me too' on the 2FA request. I am running a trial with the newest beta for our team, and while setting up a credential entry and a subsequent connection item I was prompted for my code on select creds, save connection, edit connection, view props on connection, and at least a couple other actions. Once it was created I was prompted, as expected given all the other times, when I tried to use the connection.

Meanwhile I don't have to use the 2FA key on my web browser for another 35 days or so.

Clock22 days

Hello,

We've been focusing on preparing for the release of RDM 14 so we didn't have time to work on this yet. We'll bump up the priority to hopefully release this change in one of the patches after RDM 14 is out.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock22 days

Hi,

We've improved the 2FA prompt to remember the last used user. We are currently restricted to 1 remembered user so if you use multiple users you'll be prompt every time you switch user. This will be available in the next patch.

Regards,

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock21 days