Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

create SSH tunnel after session is established

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is there currently a method of creating a tunnel in the rebex session after a connection has been made? Similar to how Putty allows this? I realize I can create templates, however the ports and ip's we're tunneling to from an existing session may change at any time, additionally our standard users who will need to do the tunneling will not have administrative access to modify sessions or create templates, so the idea of a template not ideal.

Screenshot of the specific settings are attached. I have searched and tested multiple methods, and cannot find a way around us having this functionality.

Preferably in a context menu, that we can change post connecting to the session.

Psettings.JPG
Clock2 yrs

Hi Seth,

Could you confirm if after following the step in this help topic, you were able to activate the SSH Tunnel as you are looking to.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I'm able to create a seperate tunnel entry without issue.

What i'm requesting, is to be able to add a tunnel while the session is already established without creating a separate entry. The tunnel can exit with the existing session, it doesn't have to be retained after.

Clock2 yrs

well...

I didnt know that this was possible (I think that I could say "we"...).

I tested with <Change settings...> menu, is this how you do it or are there other ways?

The limitation of that method it that the account must exist and have the same password on both servers, right?

This would have to be a feature request, as we do not support it at this time. I am moving the topic to that forum.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Correct, in the Change settings menu after a connection has been made. I will have to check with regards to the account existing or not, but I do not think so.

Example Scenario:
We connect to a linux server on a remote site with a public IP via ssh on port 22, there is an additional web server on the same lan that does not have a public interface, I need to see the web page being presented by that internal server. I can create a tunnel from my existing ssh session to port 80 on that internal server's ip and view the web page using 127.0.0.1 in my browser remotely, no real login required on the 'internal/tunneled to' server to view the page.

(forgive me that's the simplest way I could explain it)

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

In our practice (we're not IT guys remember...), we do not connect consciously to the jump box, its just an accessory that we try to forget. In fact, in RDM, you can tweak a few options to have the tunnel completely hidden during execution.

We have had requests for the dynamic port forwarding which we delivered not too long ago, but never your scenario. Just shows how we're community driven wink

I hope we can tackle this, cant promise anything though.

Thanks again for this information

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Just checking in to see if this has been reviewed/roadmapped etc, or if there's anything else I can provide to help out.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Its on the backlog tab, meaning not prioritized yet.

Sorry about that,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Checking in to see if there's an update, or anything I can help with (further explanation, etc).

Clock2 yrs