Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Possibility to delete expired entries from Notification Panel

• Create an Issue

Hello,

it would be a nice feature if expired entries could be ignored or deleted from the notification panel - as you can see there are 360 expired entries, and new (maybe important) expirations are go down in the crowd wink

(maybe a additional option could be added to activate a popup or similar when a software / maintanance entry reached the time period; or change the colour from the notification button to another color if new entries arrives - something like this wink )

Thanks!
Regards,
Min

2017-04-26 08_56_52.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I think the easiest fix would be to add a setting to Don't show the entry in the notification. Are you ok with that?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello David,

fine with me!
Thank you!

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Mr Destens,

This feature has been completed and should be available in the next beta of RDM.

As it was mentioned previously, it is impossible to exclude a notification by itself. Therefor, when you decide to exclude one it will also remove all the notifications that were linked to the same entry.

To remove the notifications you have to right click them and then select the "Exclude Notification" option

If you want the notification of an excluded entry to be visible again you'll have to go in Properties -> Advanced -> Miscellaneous -> Exclude Notifications and uncheck the checkbox.

VisibleNotifications

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

VisibleNotifications.PNG
Clock2 yrs

Hi!

Thank you very much for the fast implementation! One quick question - is it also possible to do it with batch actions?

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

It isn't possible at the moment but it's a good suggestion. I added it to my todo list.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

Michaël Beaudin wrote:

It isn't possible at the moment but it's a good suggestion. I added it to my todo list.

Yes, please because with 360 expired entrys to do this one after the other is not so tingly wink

Michaël Beaudin wrote:

To remove the notifications you have to right click them and then select the "Exclude Notification" option

The non-plus-ultra would be if the focus not be resetet after the Exclude Notification Click Cool

Michaël Beaudin wrote:

If you want the notification of an excluded entry to be visible again you'll have to go in Properties -> Advanced -> Miscellaneous -> Exclude Notifications and uncheck the checkbox.

• If i do this way, the entry status is back to Standard - is the behavior intended? I personally think the status should be unchanged, even the checkox are unticked.
  • For a Session/Script/Tool Entry the uncheck doesnt work! The checkbox can be unticked and closed, but after reopen the checkbox is back to checked.

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Mr Destens,

Does the status change happen in a specific case because on my end all statuses remain at their current value whether it is expired, warning, etc ?

I have tried creating a macro/script/tools entry (AutoHotKey) and the checkbox has the proper behaviour. Again is there some sort of specific context where this happens ?

To stop the focus from being reset would be a bit tricky. Would it be OK to allow multi selection instead ?

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I was wrong about the changes through batch actions not working in my previous statement. I wasn't familiar with this functionality so I assumed it wasn't implemented but you should already be able to use it by going in Edit -> Batch Edit -> Batch Actions -> Custom PowerShell Command and typing the following commands:

$connection.ExcludeFromNotifications = $true; (or $false)

$RDM.Save();

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Michaël Beaudin wrote:

Does the status change happen in a specific case because on my end all statuses remain at their current value whether it is expired, warning, etc ?
Not really, i can provide you a video with the behaviour if you would?
Michaël Beaudin wrote:
I have tried creating a macro/script/tools entry (AutoHotKey) and the checkbox has the proper behaviour. Again is there some sort of specific context where this happens ?
Hmm interessting - tried it with 12.0.11 now and now this works!
Michaël Beaudin wrote:
To stop the focus from being reset would be a bit tricky. Would it be OK to allow multi selection instead ?
Yes, that would be also great, any chance that the list ordering after select Exclude Notification are saved and the list is not reorderd like now?

Thank you!

Clock2 yrs

A video could be useful. If it isn't too much trouble please do send one with your status behavior.

I've added the multi selection to my todo list.

I'm unsure if it's possible to remember the order of the list after excluding the notification. I'll verify if it can be done with our current setup and keep you updated on the progress.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

No problem, I send it in a personal message smile

Clock2 yrs

Mr Destens,

The multi selection has been added to the notifications and should be available in the next beta.

The bug where the status would be reset has been found and fixed. Indeed it wasn't an intended behavior.

I haven't had the chance to look into "remember order" feature you requested yet but will let you know if it can be done in the future.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Michaël,

Thank you for the multi selection - it works perfect!

UPDATE: Found a possible bug: If the private vault is opened in the navigation pane, and the setting "Disable Notification" are selected for a entry that is only stored in the "All Connections" pane, these entries are now added to the private vault too - so there are now saved twice - in the private fault it is now saved with the option "Exclude Notifications, in the shared connection list the setting was not set..

One last question - I forgot to ask in the last post - is it possible to make the columns in the notification window adjustable? possibility to add the "Group" column for example..

Thanks!
Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hello Min,

Glad the multi selection works well.

I'll take a look into the possible issue with the private vault.

It should be easy to add the "Group" column to the notifications. It will be done.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

The issue with the private vault has been fixed and the groups have been added in the notifications. Both should be up to date in the next minor update of RDM.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs