Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Dell TPAM Credential Entries

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Feature request to add an integration with Dell TPAM and Remote Desktop Manager. This would enable a much cleaner tie between the two technologies where a customer needs to use TPAM to check out accounts in order to use them and integrate it with RDM where we're making the connections from.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Do you know if they provide an API, SDK or command-line for us to use?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Mark,

It appears as though they do via both API and command line:

https://support.oneidentity.com/kb/157131 -- KB Related to the API
http://support-public.cfm.quest.com/29138_tpamapimanualv2.4.pdf -- Direct link to the manual for version 2.4 (we're on 2.5 but I can't find a 2.5 version of the doc)

Hopefully this helps.

Terry

Clock2 yrs

Hello Terry,
Indeed your links are useful. We will create a feature request from it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Could you give us more details on how you see the integration? I'm not very familiar with TPAM and I need more information.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

The way TPAM works from an end-user perspective is we have to login to it's interface (which has multi-factor authentication potentially) and then input a "password request" for an account that we have access too. The password request minimally requests a reason for checking out the account as well as how long we need it checked out before it automatically disables the account. Once the request is filled, it shows the password on the screen which is a 16-32 character password (which is configurable) and that is about it. You can manually tell the account to cancel its checkout but you have to give a reason to do so. When I was reviewing the API guide i can see the arguments relating to this process so I believe it's possible to do this whole request system through the API.

My goal would be to create a TPAM credential entry in Remote Desktop Manager. That way, for instance, if I needed to log into a different domain where the enterprise admin rights assigned to me are in TPAM, I can have that credential entry in Remote Desktop Manager. When I go to log onto that domain, Remote Desktop Manager would see the linked credential entry, call the TPAM API, prompt me for whatever prompts need to be filled out and then automatically pass through the accounts credentials.

Hopefully that helps explain it a bit.

Terry

Clock2 yrs

Thank you for the details.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

HI David,

I wanted to follow-up on this as our implementation of TPAM is growing and we're looking to purchase a global license with RDM. This is one of the things we're hoping to have to further the justification for the purchase considering the other (numerous) benefits RDM provides. Right now the process we've taken is to use a Private Vault which stores our usernames and then we have to log into the TPAM site and copy out the passwords we get after requesting them. It works, but this integration would be extremely helpful.

That said, can we develop our own extension into RDM or is that locked down into Devolutions support only?

Terry

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
This is not assigned yet but you right, this would be a really nice integration in RDM. Our main issue is to have access to a test platform. I don't know if you could help us?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

David,

I would be more than happy to assist with testing!

Terry

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

The TPAM product is being replaced by SafeGuard from OneIdentity. Would you be willing to work with me on integrating that instead of TPAM with RDM?

Regards,
Terry

Clock6 mths

Do you have any information to start from?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths