Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Email Notifications

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

We are testing the Notification feature that becomes available within RDM when used with DVLS. I can see that its possible to configure emails to be sent when certain actions within RDM are performed, on a per user basis (i.e. if I make a change to a role in RDM, the system will email me to notify), however is there a way to have these email notifications go to a central email address instead, like an Administrator?

Our thinking is that we can use this to keep track of when certain sessions are accessed within RDM by users and would also be useful from a security audit point of view.

Many Thanks as always.
Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

You can create a Devolutions Server Custom account, add the email address into that user account properties. Finally, in the Notfication configuration dialog, set this custom user account to receive the wanted notifications.

Or you can also configure it with an AD service account if you do not want to activate the Devolutions Server custom user authentication method.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Morning Erica,

Thanks for the details.

Are you able to detail further the best way in which we can setup the notifications please, with some best practices that would allow us to receive emails to a central admin address when users log into RDM, open certain sessions in RDM etc...?

Thanks again

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

You can consult this online help topic that explain How to Configure Notifications. This example use the same Devolutions Server custom account (_admin) than the one I suggest you to create in my previous post on this thread.

And on this other online help page about Notifications, you can consult the Notifications Types section which details each notification you can assign to this user.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Erica,

Thanks for the links. I have looked through these already and can get email notifications working on a per user individual basis, but what we are after is having all notifications for all users actions (or those we decide are important) to be sent to a central single email address, i.e. an administrator address.

From what the details in those links imply, if we enable all the notification options against an administrator account in RDM, will that account receive the notifications only when a user makes a connection to a specific session for example?

Sorry to repeat the question but am just trying to understand fully.

Thanks again for your time with this.

Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

If you activate all the notifications for the administrator account, yes this account will receive a notification when a user will open a session (Opened Connections). With the following screen shot of the Notifications, this account will also receive notifications when a session is modified (Entries), when the Data Source Settings are modified, when the Roles are modified, when the Security Groups are modified, when the Users are modified, when the Todos are modified and finally, when a User is locked out.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Erica,

Thanks for the details - we have that setup now and it seems to be working, kind of.

It looks like we are getting alerts when our RDM users open sessions/connections, however the same email is sent/receied each time, as in the content of the email never changes to reflect a different user name or different connection name - it almost looks like the body content for the email alert isn't being updated?

These are examples of email alerts that we have received in the past 10mins for different RDM users opening different connections.

Thanks again
Rich

Email 1.png
Email 2.png
Email 3.png
Email 4.png
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce your issue.

A ticket has been submitted to our engineering department.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Ah great, glad you are able to see the issue as well.

I look forward to seeing when this is fixed so we can continue to test - the email notifications is a big draw for us to using DVLS (Devolutions Server) and so would be good to see this working correctly! smile

Thanks again for your help and time with this.

Regards
Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I was just checking whether there has been any progress made with resolving this issue and when we might this fix getting released?

Thanks
Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This is currently being addressed by our engineering department.

We will notify you once this issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

The issues have been resolved and now needs to go through testing.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Afternoon,

Just wondered if there was any update on when we might expect to see this fix to the email notifications in DVLS? We are on the edge of purchasing both RDM and DVLS and this issue is one of the things left outstanding that we would love to have implemented and working when/if we start using DVLS and RDM in anger?

Thanks
Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We should release the new DVLS version in the next few weeks.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

Just a quick update from our side regarding this. Since upgrading to the new version of DLVS (v4.5) the email notification bug looks to have been resolved now. All new email notifications received contain the correct content in the body and this looks to be working fine now.

Thanks for getting this resolved.

Regards
Rich

Clock3 yrs