Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add new fields to credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Guys,

Can you add a table to the credentials entries with these fields:

- Folder -> text field - where we can put the folder(s) where this credentials is present
- Rights -> Dropdown - Read / Write / Read and Execute / List Folder Content / Modify / Full Control

Thanks

Rafael

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure to understand what you want. What do you mean by folder and right?

What is you scenario?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I think he's looking for reporting of where the credentials are used and/or what rights they have on a given folder/connection?

I would assume the text field would be which folder, with an adjacent dropdown showing what the rights are.

But, assuming the credentials could be used in multiple places, that probably wouldn't be enough in and of itself. Some sort of automated reporting with a treeview that would show the permissions level would probably do everything he needs. Either that or a grid view with multiple lines and 2 columns :-)

David F.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

@David Figueroa, thank's for the extra explanation!

@David Hervieux

I didn't explain my request/idea correctly.

Currently, RDM username/password credentials are meant to be used on other sessions to provide authentication. You can have one-to-many relationship where one username/password can be used on multiple sessions.

In the context of a filesystem, exposed by SMB/NFS/FTP, the username and password also mean user rights. For any given folder you have a user with the corresponding ACL. On a NTFS/REFS file system, you can set Read / Write / Read and Execute / List Folder Content / Modify / Full Control, on an FTP you have different ACL (ftp example in attach).

Currently, when we create, modify, or delete a user from an FTP server or a FileServer we update a gigantic spreadsheet to reflect those changes.

It would be relly helpful to leave the spreadsheet behind and have a way to insert (manually, via csv,...) that information within the username/password credential. I think these new fields would be enough Host / Path / ACL (see mockup in attach).

If you make this possible the username/password credential could also have a one-to-many meaning - i.e:

user A is added to folder X on server Y with the ACL K
user A is added to folder CX on server D with the ACL ASD

Thanks

Rafael

FTp ACL.JPG
RDM Session Mockup.PNG
Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I see what you mean. I will check what we can do but this won't be implemented soon. We have too many other features on our short term list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs