Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

feature request voting system

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Guys,

Devolutions products have a great community and there are always great ideas coming in to the forum.

I think it would be great for Devolutions and for all of us on the forum to have a voting system like user voice (https://www.uservoice.com/), there are other products out there that do the same.

Implementing a solution like this would help get the community more engaged on each other's ideas since it would be really simple to express if we like the idea for the product. From your side, you could prioritize the product development base on the user's feedback and share the development status for each feature request.

I think this could strength, even more, the relationship you've with your customers

Rafael

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I know well the user voice system and I have to be honest, I'm not a big fan of it as a user. I know it could look great on the user point of view but it's also very frustrating when requests are not implemented. Many time those requests are not done because they are technically challenging and not because we are not aware of the benefits of it. For example the people could ask us to do an integration of Team Viewer and that would be terrific to have it. Unfortunately we haven't found a way of doing it. It's a technical limitation.

Don't get me wrong, we really want to get your feedback and we use the forum for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

I do understand your point.

Nevertheless I think this would give all of us the opportunity to express if we collectively like to have a feature/idea in a really simple way.

I've never seen a company so devoted to its user's feedback as Devolutions. I can only speak for me, I do understand that there are numerous technical challenges developing a product. All of us want RDM/RDMS to fit our workflows the best they can.

Take Microsoft as an example. They have defined some really clear status for its feature requests on user voice. They have "Under review", "started", "planed", "noted",...

They also have filters for searching FR, like "Hot Ideas" "New Ideas", "Top", ...

As you said not all ideas would work for the product, but with a system like this, we can have a better perspective on the user's side and on the product side.

Rafael

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Thank you again. I will think about it and try to find a way to do something similar to what user voice offers.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs