Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

RDM with iTerm and connection type SSH

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I'm trying to create a connection using iTerm and connection type SSH. I'm filling the user and password but when trying to connect it just appear:

Password:
Password:

If I type the password, it will login to the server (Linux).

When I create a normal SSH connection using user/password it works normally and it will not ask me to fill user or password.

An alternative would be to connect using iTerm and using the connection type: command
The issue is that I tried many things and options I found in google, but it didn't work.

My password contain characters similar to: #dEf$@!$2

Thx

PS: Using 4.2.1.0 (macOS)

Clock3 yrs

Hi Andre,

Just to make sure, the connection that fails to fill your password is the iTerm connection, right? Not the SSH Shell connection?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Correct.
It doesn't show the USER text, but it shows the password text and later again and it waits to fill the password.
This is what appears:

Password:
Password:

Initially it appears the first password and second later the second password text.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I tested with another server which uses a simpler password with:
- letters
- numbers
- @
and it connected properly. I believe the problem is when passing some different characters?
As mentioned before, the server which I attempt to access yesterday had a password with the characters #dEf$@!$2
Thx

Clock3 yrs

Hi Andre,

Thank you for investigating this further. We'll look this up.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Something else which I also noticed. The server I connected Today and worked is a RED HAT LINUX and it showed:
user@address's password:

The server yesterday was a SUSE LINUX and showed only
Password:

Maybe you are expecting always the "user@address's password:"?

Clock3 yrs

I must admit that I'm not sure of this myself. I don't think it should be an issue. But one never knows.

Best regard,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Andre,

The exclamation mark in shell command is a special character and (contrary to most) cannot simply be escaped in a string surrounded with double quotes (""). In the case of the previously mentioned string of character, !$ even surrounded by double quotes is a variable corresponding to the last command sent. This, of course, corrupted the password, explaining the failure to connect.

This has been fixed internally and should be in the next release of RDM.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs