Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Mac User

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

i know the origin of the Programm is Windows. But please consider using Mac standards when using the top three Buttons for Closing, rezsizing,...

It's quiet anoying pressing always the wrong buttons.

green = resize Window (correct)
yellow = minimizes Window (correct)
red = tries to quit app just like in Wondows (wrong!!!!!)

red = musst hide the Window! (And just the dashboard, not the sessions!)

Mac users will use CMD+Q or use the menu to quit the app.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Frank,

In standard Mac app, the red button doesn't actually "hide" the window but actually close it. It restores it when the dock icon is clicked again. I know the distinction is not really that obvious and in practice doesn't really matter. But take the Mail app as an example. If I hit the red button on the main window and right click on the dock icon, there is no window at all in the menu. If, alternatively, after restoring the main window, I right click on the dock and hit the hide item, now the window is hidden and not closed. If I right click again on the Mail dock icon I still see my Inbox window (the Mail main window) in the menu.

Now, the reason I explain this is simple. I'm not sure why we made the application red button quit the app but I think it might have to do with the fact that some of the app functionalities depend on the existence of the main window, which, you would be right to point out, is not standard procedure in Mac.

Rest assured though, I'm not saying it can't be changed. I just wanted to make clear that it might not be so simple and might take a bit of tweaking on our side. Worst case scenario, I can probably just "hide" the main window when the red button is clicked.

I'll keep you informed.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

This has been done and should be available in the next release.

To make sure we do not disturb the habits of other user, we've added an option to change the behavior of the Main Window close button. You will find this option in the Preferences, under User Interface -> Title Bar -> General. The option will be "Main window close button behavior" and it's default value will be "Quit Application". This is the current behavior. To change it so just the main window closes, you'll need to change it to "Close Window".

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thumbs Up

Clock2 yrs