Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

New window: open connection

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I'd like to be able to open a connection without using the mouse. For now, I'm using the Filter dialog (Ctrl+F, "connection name", Enter), but I don't like that it is acting on the tree in the navigation panel:

• It filters the tree (I kind of fixed that behavior by enabling the "Clear filter on open connection" option),
  • It expands folders on the tree if any connection matches my search, whereas I'd like to keep some of them collapsed.
I get that this is the behavior of the filter function, and it is ok when we want to filter. So what I'd like is a new window identical to the filter dialog, but to be used only to open a new connection, thus which has no effect on the tree.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I will enter a feature request. I have an idea of something we could do.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

Can you give us a status update on this feature? Do you know if it will be implemented?

Clock2 yrs

Not yet. What I have in mind is something like Launchy but it needs work:

https://www.launchy.net/

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Ooh yeah, good idea! smile

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

Do you know if you guys had the chance to work on this?

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Unfortunately we did not have the chance to work on this. We are working for RDM 13 on more core features. By core feature I mean feature that needs a database update since we change the structure only for major release. For this feature, it's more a UI change and it can be done anytime after a major release.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks for the update!

Clock2 yrs