Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

some impressions from Built-In SCP

• Create an Issue

Hello,

we changed from WinSCP to your Built-in SCP Connection, tested arround and here our impressions & wishes wink

• when information / warning etc. logging is activated and active, and we switch to another tab, the focus jumps back to the session because of the logging - would be fine to add a option to jump back when new events are logged or not..
  • would be nice if it can be added to the progress bar (where the Bytes are displayed) are percent value or change the transferred Bytes to MegaByte
  • by download a file the RDM freeze and cannot be used for the time that the download is active - after the download RDM response again - would be perfect to add an option to download in background or similar so that the download can be done and further work with RDM is possible
  • maybe it is possible to add a "delete" (file and folder) option - but this is only nice to have with no prio

Thanks smile

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Thank you for your feedback I will enter some feature requests with your suggestion.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thank you David wink

Clock2 yrs

Hello Min Destens,

We are no longer updating WinSCP and Built-in SCP. You should try using our SCP session instead. It has everything you mentioned. Feel free to share your feeling about this implementation.
Regards.

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello Samuel,

Do you mean this entry type?

If yes, then it doesnt work in our case - the connection to the remote host works - but no folder or files are shown.. you can see it in the attached screenshot.

Tested with latest stable (12.0.8.0) and latest beta (12.4.4.0)

Regards,
Min

2017-04-05 10_19_00-Remote Desktop Manager.png
2017-04-05 10_20_57-SCP.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I would like to know what kind of host you are connecting to. It could also be really useful if you could send me a screen shot of a listing from that host (the result of an 'ls' command using an SSH shell).

Thank you for your feedback.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello Denis,

i tried it with different systems - ESX 6.0, Debian 8 and CentOS - in every connection the same behavior.

Attached the ls command from the Debian 8 system

Regards,
Min

2017-04-05 14_59_19.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I think I finally resolved the bug. Here is a new set of DLLs that should fix your problem. Thanks for your help and your patience.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Lib.zip
Clock2 yrs

Hello Denis,

for the ESX 6.0 connection the new dll`s working - folder and files are displayed correctly, delete and dowload commands also works flawless.

For the CentOS and Debian i can`t confirm that - here is the same behaviour as before.. I send you the debug output from both.

Thanks!

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hello Min Denstens,

I worked up a new fix for your problems. I think I have a working solution for your Debian server. For your CentOS, I am less sure... Let me know how it works.

Regards.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Lib.zip
Clock2 yrs

Hello Denis,

unfortunately no change - Debian and CentOS are not working..

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hello Denis,

it would be also nice to have the possibility to upload whole folders - at the moment it is not possible (neither on the ESXi server..)

Thanks! smile

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

We're investigating on the folder upload/download problem. It should have been working already: transfer of folders and their contents recursively. We'll let you know when we have fixed this bug.

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs