Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

rdp -> undocked -> display = current work area size with scroll bars

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I updated to version 4.2.0.0 and now my rdp undocked session with the setting display = current workarea size are greater than in past and use the same resolution as configuration with current screen size.

Is this a normal behavior?

Regards

Jochen

rdm-currentworkareasize.png
Clock3 yrs

Hi Jochen,

This is probably an issue with our RDP Engine V5. We've very recently released another version (4.2.1.0) that restores the RDP Engine V4 as the default. You can download it here:
https://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

I'll investigate this issue with the Engine V5.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I installed version 4.2.1.0 - but the scroll bars still there. I changed the setting for the rdp engine to version 4, but this has changed nothing. If I change the rdp engine setting to v5 I cannot use my mouse and the app is not responding any more.

Regards

Jochen

Clock3 yrs

I'll have to investigate further and try to reproduce your issue. I'll keep you informed.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Jochen,

What version were you using before the update? I do reproduce your issue, but I have it in the version 4.1.0.0 too.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hm ... my last dmg archive is version 4.0.1.0 - but I am not 100% sure if this was my last version I used.

Regards

Jochen

Clock3 yrs

Thank you for the information. I should be able to find a fix for this.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I found the issue and fixed it. We were using the VisibleFrame of the Screen to get the working area (which is the frame of the screen without the menu bar and the dock). The thing is, we weren't factoring in the height of the title bar and the tabs bar of the undocked window. I'm just subtracting those value and now, I'm losing the scroll bar if the undocked window takes all the available space on screen.

What I don't understand is how it ever worked for you.

This should be available on the next release.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Xavier,
after boot of my macbook pro and test/restart rdm today with the new version it works again. This is magic smile

Resolution in the rdp windows machine is: 1920x1151
Version 4.2.1.0
no scroll bars

Regards

Jochen

rdm-workarea-cfg.png
win-resolution.png
rdp-win-screen.png
Clock3 yrs

Hi Jochen,

I'm quite surprise with this, since I had to edit the code to make it work on my side. Could you try this version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/171z9szzhish8op/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.4.2.1.1490024487.dmg?dl=0

I just want to make sure I didn't break it for your. Just tell me if this version no longer fit perfectly when in an undocked window.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs