Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

RDP on Mac - manual password entry possible?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi - thanks for your help!!

I use the free-version. In a RDP-entry I can fill out username/domain and leave the password empty. On every connect I have to write (or copy/paste) the password manually. This is on Windows. If I try this on my Mac the connection fails. It only works if I save the password in the RDP-entry.

Is there a possiblity to enter the password manually on every new connection on my mac?

Thank you!

Clock3 yrs

Hi Sven,

I see what you mean and can easily reproduce it. I'm not sure of what I'm going to tell you, but I think it has to do with the fact that Windows use the RDP ActiveX while we're using FreeRDP for our implementation of RDP. While I think the ActiveX manage connection failure, or at least, give more information on the failure reason, FreeRDP is, let's say, less voluble. I think the ActiveX handles a lot of failure fallback for error that I'm not even sure we're aware of in Mac. I do get the -1073741715 error, to which I couldn't quickly find any relevant information. Still, this is better than the very generic 131084 error.

Still, this is pure conjecture. I'll investigate to see if there is anything we can do. In the meantime, if you really want to be prompted, I would recommend using the Always ask for credentials option. Though, this will force you to enter username and domain too.

If I can't find anything, there should still be things that we could do, like add an option to always prompt for credentials if the password field is empty.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs