Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Remote Desktop Manager - Option to designate delimiters of double-click word selection

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

i would like to turn in a feature request that is essential for our business (we are an ISP in Germany).

At the moment our employees uses the tool Xshell to administrate linux machines, switches, routers etc., WinSCP to transfer files to linux based machines and Windows RDP to administrate Windows Server machines.

Now we want to implement a professional password safe and a remote desktop manager for all case of applications. The problem is, that Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager is no option for us until there is no possibility to setup delimiters for the selection behaviour when double-clicking on words/strings in a cli/ssh session.

The option-window in xshell looks like this:

When you double click on ipv6 address for example it looks like this in xshell:

And when you try this in Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager it selects and copy only the chars between the colons (becouse colons are delimiters):

Thats the only reason why our employees don't like Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager, but its a dealbreaker for us, becouse of that the customer experience for our employees is realy annoying.

If you can add an option to setup the delimiters Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager would be a really great tool for us!

Best regards

Nico

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for your post. I have a small question. Which connection type do you use? Let me know and we will try to prioritise the type for a fix.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Thank you for your post. I have a small question. Which connection type do you use? Let me know and we will try to prioritise the type for a fix.

Regards

Hello Mr. Hervieux,
the connection types, this feature would be great for, are "serial port", "Telnet" and "ssh Shell".
Thank you!

Regards

Clock2 yrs

Thank you. Those connection type are based on Putty. I will check with the guys if an option already exists or if we can do something for it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I wanted to let you know we were able to implement this feature faster than expected. There will be a textbox in the SSH Shell, Telnet and Serial entry types to specify the double click delimiters. Putting no value will use the normal terminal behavior, putting any value will use specifically only these delimiters (and space and tab, which are forced defaults).

This will be available in the next version of RDM.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs