Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add Azure MFA to connect to a RDM data source

• Create an Issue

Hi,

I was looking to add a little bit more exposure to our RDM database and to do so I wanted to add two factor authentication when connecting. We already use Azure MFA to authenticate outside of our secure network. Could you add the option to support Azure MFA? Also it would be great to add conditional Two Factor. When we're on the local network only use our domain credential and when we're public add the second factor.

Regards,

JS

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

What data source type are you using?

With Devolutions Server, the Azure MFA two factor authentication is already implemented. You can consult the online help about supported two factor authentication methods in DVLS here https://helpserver.devolutions.net/settings_2factorauthentication.htm. And more about Azure MFA here https://helpserver.devolutions.net/2factorauthentication_azuremfa.htm.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

We're using SQL for now and looking to send into SQL Azure. We're not using a Devolution Server, only using a datasource and I don't see this option to connect to the data source. many other 2 Factor but not Azure MFA.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Only these two factor authentication methods are available with a SQL data source : Google Authenticator, YubiKey, Duo, Auth Anvil and Vasco. And it is not in our plan to implement the Azure MFA two factor authentication on a SQL data source.

About your other request, we will add this on our to do list to explore a conditional state for the two factor depending if you are connected on your local network or not. But this feature would be implemented only in Devolutions Server.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs