Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

How to change the datasource password via PowerShell?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

First, thank you for a PowerShell interface to your product. I've been able to accomplish almost everything I can think of via PowerShell.

I've created a datastore using SQLite. It has a password, and it's been Initialized. I can add it using (New-RDMDataSource), make it the Current datastore and remove the datastore. One thing I can't seem to do is change the password. The only place I seem to be able to accomplish this is in the GUI. I edit the datastore and click the "Manage password" button.

Is there a way to change the password via PowerShell? I can update the "SafePassword" property and the "AlwaysAskPassword" property of the datastore instance, but not the actual datastore password itself.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Lingle

Clock3 yrs

Hi Bill,

It's not yet possible to change the password in a SQLite Data source with the PowerShell module.

We will add this to our TODO list.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

The cmdlet Set-RDMSQLiteDataSourcePassword to change the SQLite data source password will be available in the next RDM version.

Script example:

$dataSource = Get-RDMDataSource -Name MySqliteDataSource
Set-RDMSQLiteDatasourcePassword -DataSource $dataSource -NewPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText 'MyPassword' -Force)

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs