Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

How to setup a custom command line for VPN

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I am trying to setup a custom VPN connection via command line for Checkpoint SecuRemote. I have verified that I can connect to the VPN using the following command:

c:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect\trac.exe connect -s <host_name> -f "<cert_path>" -p <password>

And when finished, disconnect using:

c:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect\trac.exe disconnect

How do I create a custom VPN that executes these commands using RDM?

Chad

Clock3 yrs

Also, I see that there is an entry for CheckPoint EndPoint Security VPN which seems like it would work for this type of VPN, only it is missing the "p12" parameter which is -f at command line and allows us to connect using a P12 SSL certificate instead of a username/password combo.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I will verify with our engineering department if it's possible to update our add-on to support your needs.

As of now, you can try our Custom VPN entry or Generic VPN entry. You should be able to accomplish what you want using one of those two entries
2017+03+10+14+01+39

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

2017-03-10_14-01-39.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I've made a few changes to the checkpoint endpoint security VPN add-on and it can now specify the p12 certificate path and send the p12 password too.
I attached the new version of the add-on to this post. To install it you can extract the dll to %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager

We would appreciate if you could try it out and give us some feedback.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

VPN3.0.28.0.zip
Clock3 yrs

Hubert-

This update worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the update!

Chad

Clock3 yrs

That's great to hear, thank you smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs