Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

multi user config

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible in a multi user setup to have entries viewable only to the user that created them? the only way I can currently see is to setup folders and groups and have one user in a group. If you have more than a few users that can be quite a task to create and manage.

Clock6 yrs

Hi

each user must have entries that are private?

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

exactly

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hi

each user must have entries that are private?

Clock6 yrs

hi

is it to separate the credentials, or to separate the hosts?

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

both but mostly to separate credentials

Maurice Cote wrote:

hi

is it to separate the credentials, or to separate the hosts?

Clock6 yrs

http://forum.devolutions.net/topic2467-privat-folder.aspx

Clock6 yrs

Hi

The suggestion of private folders make sense only for machines that you and only you connect to. For overriding parts of a session definition that is used my a team, RDM offers "Local User Settings" but only for advanced data sources.

The help is available here : http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/user_specific_settings.htm

Are you using an advanced data source?

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I'm using PVM not RDM.

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hi

The suggestion of private folders make sense only for machines that you and only you connect to. For overriding parts of a session definition that is used my a team, RDM offers "Local User Settings" but only for advanced data sources.

The help is available here : http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/user_specific_settings.htm

Are you using an advanced data source?

Clock6 yrs

Hi

Both PVM and RDM support Local user settings, but are you using an Advanced data source? (MSSQL, SQL Azure, Mysql, RDMS)

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Yes I'm using MSSQL

Maurice Cote wrote:

Hi

Both PVM and RDM support Local user settings, but are you using an Advanced data source? (MSSQL, SQL Azure, Mysql, RDMS)

Clock6 yrs

Hi

So for overriding credentials we definitely recommend using the Local User Settings.

Please provide other use cases so we can see the best strategy or come up with a new feature

Thanks

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

But sometimes I want to save my own credentials and entries, and I woun't that other user can see or use this.

Clock6 yrs