Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

[SOLVED] SSH connection: syntax highlighting

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Would it be feasible to add some syntax highlighting (that can be customized) to the SSH terminal? Like MobaXterm does:

(If naming a competitor software isn't allowed, let me know, I'll edit this post to remove the reference)

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Don't worry about naming a competitor, we know MobaXTerm and it's a good product. We also have an add-on to integrate it. Could give me more details on how it works? Is it a list of keywords and colors?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Honestly, I don't know for sure, I don't use MobaXterm. I'm too much in love with RDM for using any other similar product. Big Grin I only saw the list of MobaXterm features and thought that it would make a really useful addition to RDM.

But I'm guessing as you said that it's a list of keywords and colors.

Clock2 yrs

Hi again,
I will check if this is possible.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks David!

Clock2 yrs

If this is doable, that would be nice to have a global keywords-colors list, and another one customizable by session. Also, would be nice to have an option per session to choose whether to activate the syntax highlighting or not.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

Can we have an update on this? Can you say if you'll be able to implement it? Will it be included in RDM free?

Clock2 yrs

I can tell you this will be in the free edition but it's not implemented yet. I hope to have this for the next major update (RDM13) later this fall. This is not as simple as it seems. Our terminal is based on Putty and this option does not exist.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

That's great to hear! Thanks for the feedback, and good luck implementing this. smile

Clock2 yrs

Just upgraded to RDM Free v3.6.0.0 and I saw that you guys implemented this. This is huge (at least for me)! Thank you very much!! Woo Hoo!

Clock2 yrs

Thank you for you patience and your help.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs