Forum / Password Vault Manager - Feature Request

Mail notification when using a password

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I'm just testing a trial and until now I see all our features included. There is only one thing missing from our wish-list - maybe I just didn't find it: Is it possible to send out an email, when a specific password is used? We want to "mark" sensitive passwords with this feature so we can change it immediately after a technician was using it.

If this is not implemented yet, what's the chance and the timeframe for such a feature?

Thanks a lot,

William

Clock3 yrs

Hi William,

Our Devolution Server product has notification capabilities (open session, added to-do...).

More information on notifications available here.

As for "password used" notifications, we currently do not support for it. I will add it to our to-do list. It shouldn't be difficult to do, hope to get it done this week.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Stefane,

thans a lot for your quick answer. Unfortunately we are forced by our clients to host the server in our own litte datacenter here in vienna. I was hoping that the client could send this mail, so no server-functionality would be involved ...

Cheers,

William

Clock3 yrs

I understand you have constraints unfortunately the client (PVM or RDM) is not setup to send emails.

Keep in mind Devolutions Server is a self-hosted web api/interface that sits between your own SQL Server and the Password Vault Manager client. We are not talking about cloud or remote hosting of the server.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Stefane,

ups, sorry - it was late at night and I didn't read the product description very attentively :-)

But am I right that this notification is only included in the platinum edition? I'm a little afraid that I can't effort it because of the "contact sales" button :-)

Regards,

William

Clock3 yrs

Just had a conversation with the marketing team and web team.

Conclusion, the feature grid is wrong. :-) Notifications is available in all versions of DVLS, changes to the website will be done shortly.

Regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

*yeyyy* that is good news. The budget for the small business edt. is definitly available.

Thank you very much, we will go into the details in the next few days and than most likely put the order.

Greetings from Austria,

William

Clock3 yrs