Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Cmdlets in remote-session does not return data

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, im trying to get some RDM-data from a remote powershell session but i does not return any rows back.

i use the follwing command.

1. Enter-pssession -Computername Servername.
2. Import-Module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.dll"
3. $test= Get-RDMSession -Verbose
Result: VERBOSE: Data Source Name : DRSURVDBData Source ID : 7725641a-c919-46bd-a0dd-3ff5639abd52 Connection count : 0

and when i do this locally via a RDP session:
2. Import-Module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.dll"
3. $test= Get-RDMSession -Verbose

Result: VERBOSE: Data Source Name : DRSURVDBData Source ID : 7725641a-c919-46bd-a0dd-3ff5639abd52 Connection count : 3777

any ideas what i might have done wrong?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We are unable to reproduce your issue on our environment.

What version of RDM are you using on the remote computer?

Could you please post a print screen of each tabs from the data source configuration (File - Data Sources) on the remote computer?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi, it seemes like this issue only exists in version 12.0.2.0
i don't have this issue in version 12.0.8.0.

Clock3 yrs

Hi, the upgrade of RDM didnt help..

the scenario i like this:

i have two "remote desktop manager"-servers(MANAGER01,MANAGER02) both connected to and external sql-datasource (SQL01)
in addtion to that i have another remote desktop manager -server (MANAGER03) that have a local sql-datasource.

all the servers is in the same ad-domain, and the user is a member of the domain admins, also administrator in all RDM-datasources

when logged in to MANAGER01 and calling Get-RDMsession it returns all the sessions stored in SQL01 (expected)
when logged in to MANAGER01 and calling Get-RDMsession on MANAGER02 remotly via enter-pssession will not return any sessions from SQL (not expected)
when logged in to MANAGER02 and calling Get-RDMsession it returns all the sessions stored in SQL01 (expected)
when logged in to MANAGER01 and calling Get-RDMsession on MANAGER03 remotly via enter-pssession return all the sessions stored in LOCAL SQL on MANAGER03 ( expected)
when logged in to MANAGER03 and calling Get-RDMsession it returns all the sessions stored in the LOCAL SQL on MANAGER03 (expected)

what could be the issue here, feels like it has something to do with access rights on the database on SQL01. Any suggestions on how to proceed and troubleshoot the problem.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

On the server MANAGER02, does the SQL data source have the Integrated Security option enabled?

If so, with which account are you connected when you get all the sessions and which account is used when you use the Enter-PSSession?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs