Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

FeatureRequest: fastviewer

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Giovanni,

thanks for the details.
I implemented something similar in the AddOn (but a bit more robust to avoid sending the credentials to the wrong window/process).

I have a preliminary version of the AddOn ready. If you would like to give it a try, send me a private message and I will provide it to you so that you can give me your feedbacks.

Best Regards

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

The add-on for FastViewer is now publicly available and can be downloaded from our website:
http://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/AddOn#SessionAddOn

Please give us some feedbacks!

Best regards

Clock4 yrs

Hi Mister Robitaille,

FastMaster add-on seems to be working as expected, but we noticed that one connection type is missing on RDM.

On RDM we can choose 5 Remote Access connection type:
Default (it's the same as Rdp); Rdp; Presentation; Conference; Support. (see image 1)
On FastMaster original software we can choose from 6 connection type:
Connect; Connect using RDP; Connect using RDP (without credentials); Support; Presentation; Conference. (see image 2)

We usualy use first option (Connect) wich connects directly without prompting for username and password, this option seems to be missing.

Best regards
Giovanni Calvia

1[1].png
2[1].png
Clock4 yrs

Hi Giovanni,

We're using the "/reConnect" parameter to pass the connection type to FastMaster.
In the documentation, there are only 4 accepted values for this parameter: rdp, presentation, conference, support

When the "Default" value is selected in the Add-On, we just skip this /reConnect parameter and do not provide it to FastMaster.
When leaving the Add-On to "Default", are you sure it doesn't do the same thing as the "Connect" menu in FastViewer Remote Manager?

If you're aware of another parameter that we can pass to FastMaster, I will be happy to add it!

Best regards,

Clock4 yrs

Hi Giovanni,

I did some tests and passing "fvw" to FastMaster seems to do the same as the "Connect" menu in Remote Manager.

Can you confirm? If it works, I will add this parameter to the AddOn.

Ex:
FastMaster.exe /reAutoconnect:{your guid} /reConnect:fvw

Best regards,

Clock4 yrs

Hi Sebastien,

yes it works!

I was posting the same solution before I received your notification. You're quicker than me smile .

So you can add it.

Best regards

Clock4 yrs

Hi Giovanni,

an updated version of the Add-On with this new parameter is available.
Please try it and let me know if everything is fine now.

Best regards,

Clock4 yrs

Hi Sebastien,

the Add-On version 1.1.0 is working very good.

Just anothe question, is it possible to provide, storing them on RDM, username and password of the RDP connection on FastViewer?

I try to explain better, using FastViewer the session password, guid etc are stored. If I choose RDP conection rdp username and password are asked . Is it possible to store and provide them?

Best regards

Clock4 yrs

Hi Giovanni,

I think this is a very good idea.
Unfortunately, I cannot think of a solution right now that will work all the time and won't put user credentials at risk.
I will keep thinking about it...

The best solution would be that FastViewer themselves add some parameters to their application so that our add-on could simply pass the credentials to it.
Maybe you could ask them? Sometimes when requests are coming from paying customers, things go faster.

In the mean time, as a work around you could try creating a macro (to which you can pass custom fields containing the username and password).

Best regards,

Clock4 yrs