Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

FeatureRequest: fastviewer

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hereby I request adding fastviewer as add-on
http://fastviewer.com/en/

Clock6 yrs

Do you know if they have an API or a command line that we can invoke?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

From this German website:
http://software.additive-net.de/de/produkte/fastviewer/technologien/integration

I get an idea that they have API, but I'm sorry, I don't know where to get. I have only the client and server application files without any more documentation.

The translation summary for this link:
Fastviewer stellt Ihnen dazu eine umfangreiche DLL, bzw. API zur Verfügung. Sie steuern alle Funktionen mit Ihrer eigenen Applikation
-> Fastviewer has extensive DLL and APIs. You can control all functions with your own application.

I could try to contact Fastviewer with my license details and see if I can get some more details, if this helps?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Yes this will help a lot. If we know that it's possible to do it, we will give it a higher priority. We have so many possibilities and we try to focus on what's achievable.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hello David,
You know that it`s possible to do ?

Greets

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
It still on our todo list. I'm not sure yet if it's possible.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

:-( 2,5 Jears ago ...

Clock4 yrs

Your feedback is important. This show us that more than one person is interested.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I am interested in what do you expect of a FastViewer integration?
We also use it but for me it is only to start FastViewer and give my ID to the partner.

Clock4 yrs

Hubert will be working next week on two new add-ons:

DeskRoll
FastViewer

You should be able to test it soon if everything goes well.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Could you tell us more about what functionalities you would want from a FastViewer add-on?
Do you want integration of FastClient or FastMaster? What would you want to be able to do? FastMaster has a few command lines but FastClient does not have any.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Hubert,

we discussed the sense of a Fastviewer integration into RDM. We only would need FastMaster and the only sense would be to open all tools out of a central tool. I tried with "Macros/Scripts/Tools" - "Command Line" and only enter the path of the EXE file.
This would work but in the tree view it is separated from the other sessions and it is not possible to just double click it.

Best regards,
Andy

Clock4 yrs

Forgot to tell you: the exe is located on a network share

Clock4 yrs

Hello andybandy,

Thank you for the information. We will work on an add-on as soon as possible. I'll keep you updated in this thread when we have a preliminary version for you to try out.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello Hubert,

I totally overseen that there is also a command line in "Session". This is really enough for us! It's great because with this session type we can implement each tool we'd like to start out of RDM.

Best regards,
Andy

Clock4 yrs

Hello andybandy,

You're right, the command line entry type is usually good enough to make external programs like this work. On the other hand, it can be much easier for the user to have a dedicated session type that can be added with an add-on.

If the command-line is more complex than simply starting the program, could you give us a sample so that we can work on an add-on for it?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Yes, that's right!

I never started FastViewer with any parameters. Just looked into the manual to see what it offers but for us it is not really interesting...
https://fastviewer.com/demo/FastViewer_Manual_V32.pdf

Clock4 yrs

If you think you might have a need for any of the features that fastviewer/fastmaster and their command line allows, just post a message and we'll implement an add-on!

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello together,

is this issue still in work?
We would appreciate to have this, too.

Perhaps this file is useful for you ...

Regards,

Thomas

FastViewer_Manual_COM_Interface.pdf
Clock4 yrs

Thank you for the COM interface. I will update our ticket with this information

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

any news on FastMaster integration?

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
This add-on is now assigned. We will verify next week what we can do.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

just a quick update to tell you an AddOn is currently being developed.
We are planning to use the COM interface to allow opening FastViewer session in RDM according to the session ID provided by the user.

Hopefully, I will have more info to share later this week.

Best regards

Clock3 yrs

I'm already be able to open a fastmaster session from RDM invoking command:
fastmaster /reAutoconnect:{c476455b-43d2-xxx-yyyy-zzzzzzzz}
It brings me directly to the promt asking me for username and password, if I provide them I can directly log to the machine I choosed.

What about the possibility to store user and password?
Immagine

Immagine.png
Clock3 yrs

Hi Giovanni,

thanks for your feedback.

We were planning to let the user provide the following parameters:

SessionId
ClientName
Password

But in your example, you are using the /reAutoconnect parameter and not /SessionId.
So I don't think that you are talking about the clientname and password associated to a session, are you?

Can you explain what is your usage scenario with this /reAutoconnect:guid parameter?
I'm not sure I understand what it is and how it's used.

Best Regards

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I've found IT following this guide: https://fastviewer.com/demo/FastViewer_Manual_V32.pdf (page64)
We need to have remote access to several remote locations using FastViewer, for example see page 72 of the guide posted above. When I connect using FastViewer username and password is prompted.
I'm asking if using RDM we can bypass this prompt storing username and password in RDM.

Using the /reAutoconnect:guid paramter I can choose wich "remote location" to connect to.

Best regards

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I better understand now. Thanks for the pointer.

I will add the /reAutoconnect GUID to the list of parameters supported by the AddOn.

According to their documentation, there doesn't seem to be a way to pass the username and password to FastViewer when using Remote Access (only when using a session).
Unfortunately, without support in FastViewer to pass the username and password, I'm afraid there is not much that we can do.

Best regards

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I've found the solution using a script to provide username and password.

Best regards

Clock3 yrs

Hi Giovanni,

can you share the details of your solution with us?
Maybe your approach can help us develop a better AddOn.

Best Regards

Clock3 yrs

Using autoHotKey software, I created a script that execute fastmaster with /reAutoconnect parameters than it "write" username and password on login prompt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#SingleInstance Force
Run, C:\FastMaster.exe /reAutoconnect:{0cb72765-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz-wwwwwwww}
Sleep, 3000
Sendinput, username{TAB}password{ENTER}
exitapp
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can compile the .exe file containing the fastmaster executable or just run .ahk file using RDM.

Clock3 yrs