Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Devolutions Server - Support for Azure SQL

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Trying to setup a new Devolutions Server Wizard with an Azure SQL data source. Trying to CREATE the DB within the Azure Portal is successful...trying within the Devolutions Wizard results in 'execution timeout expired'.

Following the recommendation of others threads, I then attempted to Test the DB which failed with: Invalid object name 'Connections'

I attempted to then 'Update' the database with no success.
The workaround I had to use was to attempt to create a datasource within RDM, and then use Update Database.
Now, I can use the Devolutions Server wizard.

Am I missing something?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Devolutions Server with an Azure SQL Database is not officially supported.

But as a workaround, here are the steps to connect on an Azure SQL Database :

- Create your database in Azure first.
- Then, on the creation of your DVLS instance, in the Database tab of theDevolutions Server Wizard, enter all the information to connect on this database and click on the Update Database button to create all needed tables in this database.
- It will not be possible to activate the Integrated Security option to connect on the Azure SQL Database.
- In the Authentication tab, you can only activate these two authentication types :

Unfortunately, there are some limitations using an Azure SQL Database.

- It will not be possible to manage the Users, Security Groups and Roles from the DVLS Console. It is only possible from the Administration menu with an administrator account of your DVLS instance.
- Because of the Domain Authentication limitation, it will not be possible to create Roles from an AD Group.
- You can only create SQL Users or DVLS Custom users. The Domain Users will not work in this specific context.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thank you! Great information!

Next question - is there a SQL DB sizing estimate based on number of (concurrent) user connections, along with the numbers of items - RDP, Terminal, Credentials, etc?

TIA!

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

In a normal utilization of RDM and DVLS, we estimate a size of 100MB to 200MB per 1000 entries for the SQL database. It will depend on the information stored in the entries.

It is important to know that this estimation does not include documents stored in the database, custom images, etc. In this case, this will increase the database size and the previous size estimation will no longer be valid and is hard to estimate.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs