Forum / Remote Desktop Manager IOS - Support

Export data source

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Support

I have a paid version through my work place.

For some private data I started using a dropbox database on both my Windows 10 laptop and iPhone and it worked great.

Now I have got a new computer and I'm unable to get the Windows version to read the file from the dropbox.

After multiple tries I then tried to export the source fra the iPhone to a rdd file.

But have do I get the rdd file from the iphone to the laptop ? the File repository is not browsable on a iPhone.

Thank you

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

What version of RDM have you installed on your Windows computer?

What is the error that you receive?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I'm usign 11.6.6.
I get this error: Unable to Connect to your Data Source
and this is Details:

System.Exception: Maximum number of retries exceeded, connection aborted.
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DropBoxConnectionDataSource.GetConnections()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.ca4799bebd8b706f34eea94a778843b55(BaseConnectionDataSource c01af917dca3518ff73ed69848f95f91a)

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I have created a new Dropbox data source on RDM iOS, create an entry in it and configure a new Dropbox data source in RDM Windows version 11.7.6.0 pointing on the same XML file. I am able to access the file and I don't receive any error message.

However, if you are using the latest version of RDM iOS, we recommend to use the latest version of RDM which is RDM 12.
Does your license allow you to upgrade to that version?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Could you send me a print screen of your Dropbox data source configuration in RDM Windows please.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Yes, we have the license. But we are many users using a shared database for corporate data and we cant just upgrade that now. Last time you did the database upgrade.
Any way I can export all the data in the xml file (on IOS) and import it in a new datasource.

RDM01.jpg
RDM02.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce your error message with RDM 11.6.6.0. With RDM 11.7.6.0, I am able to connect on the data source properly.

Could you update your RDM to 11.7.6.0 please. No database upgrade is required. You can download this version here
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/PreviousVersions

This should resolve your issue.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

It's working now :-) (with 11.7.6)

Thank you.

Clock3 yrs