we just tested the Jumphost-Feature in your RDM Enterprise 184.108.40.206. Its a pretty good feature, and we think we will use it more often now, after we learned how to use it, but still we got a few points that could make that feature even more awesome...
1. "Direct (NoJump)" should be easier to reach. At the moment you have to rightclick the connection, select "Open with parameters", select "open via jump..." and then click "Direct (NoJump)" - which is a lot of actions for that basic command... could you just move that context-menu-entry to the main context-menu? Maybe between "Open Session" and "Open with parameters"? That would be nice!
2. Talking of Direct (NoJump)... we don't really get it to work here. We made a connection with a jump host, but if we click Direct (NoJump) just nothing happens... which is not the expected behavior of that button. Maybe that one should be in the the bug-report section, but I think its good here, too, since I asked you to move that menu-entry as well.
3. Is it possible to mark connections via JumpHosts somehow... ? At the moment you have to remember all of them, or check the settings of the connection first, before you can see, if you could need the direct connection...
Most of this points get very important for us, since we also use RDM on Notebooks, which are used while mobile... and those improvements would really speed up our work with RDM.
#1- Good idea, I will look into adding the "Direct (No Jump)" action a more user-friendly location (on the dashboard maybe).
#2 - odd this might be regression, I will investigate. It should actually start the session without going through the configured jump host. Example: when you are on location (internal network) then you connect directly.
#3 - Not sure I can put an icon I will investigate. Maybe with the addition of the "Direct (No Jump)" action in the dashboard the visual clue might be enough to quickly see it's a Jump session. Then again, you would need to select the sessions before seeing if it is a Jump session or not.
thanks for your reply!
#3 - If an icon isn't possible, maybe you could color the label of that connection? Like RDM is doing already with States... maybe this could be a good way, too!
Have a look at the Jump UI clues
- tree view overlay icon (3 small green circles), note the shortcut overlay has precedence
- text goes green
- Open (No Jump) available in the dashboard
- Jump icon on dashboard
You can control the text & icon in the File > Options > User Interface > Tree View > Jump display clue, options are
- Icon overlay
All changes will be available in the next beta release.